She drives me nuts!

A couple of days passed by until one day when she would teach the fifth years. One boy with raven black hair and round glassed caught her eye. A scar with the shape of a lightening bolt on his forehead, barely visible under the black hair. McGonagall was very on guard that day, not letting her eyes of Elizabeth.

Elizabeth had to concentrate on not staring at Potter, it was so strange how close she was to him now.  “Excuse me Professor, but could you show us again?” Potters voice made her crash back to reality. “Uhm…yes!” She said, with a jump.

When Harry, Hermione and Ron left the class Ron said. “I like her, she actually thought us something.” Harry only replied with a nod, thinking about Voldemort’s return and how the papers were saying he and Dumbledore were lying. Hermione on the other hand were talking on and on how she was going to prepare herself to Professor Taylor’s classes.

Elizabeth was left alone, leaning her elbow on her desk and staring at the empty places. Her mind elsewhere. She had forgotten McGonagall was still sitting in the corner and had learned to ignore her. At least when she had classes. McGobagall left without a word, nothing suspicious so far, but she still didn’t trust her one bit.

A couple of weeks went peaceful by until the toad woman as Elizabeth called her in secret interrupted their dinner again. “May I have your attention please?” She commanded in a sugary sweet voice. Elizabeth had to bite her tongue not to shout out something nasty towards the fat woman dresses in too much pink.

“On the behalf of the Ministry it has been decided that every student are going to be called in for questioning if there is suspicion of any illegal activity. Teachers will also be… evaluated.” The toad woman gave Elizabeth an extra glance. She made a small laugh, making Elizabeth narrowing her eyes at her, before she sat gracefully down. “Well thank you again Professor.” Dumbledore spoke. Elizabeth gave a small noise in disagreement, earning a couple of glances from the other teachers. ‘Sorry’ she mouthed before turning her attention back to the chicken in front of her. ‘Toad’ she muttered under her breath.

The next day McGonagall didn’t appear in the corner of her classroom, instead she was replaced with Umbridge to Elizabeth’s disappointment. “Okay class today we are going to work in practice-“ She began, but Umbridge broke her off. “hem..hem…” Elizabeth turned her gaze towards her so did the other fifth years. “It is under my impression that you allow the students to use their wand Professor.” She said. Elizabeth nodded, feeling herself getting annoyed. She wasn’t the most patent woman and had earned herself a few more detentions when she herself attended Hogwarts. “Yes that was the idea.” She said, trying to remain calm. “How can you be so irresponsible, simply giving the students the freedom to hurt themselves and each other?” She said. “Apologize my rudeness, but I think it will go alright.” She said between clenched teeth. Umbridge made a snorting sound before returning to her notebook and writing something down. “I see.” She mumbled.

“Anyway as I was saying; go together two and two and try to levitate each other up in the air. Remember to-“ Again she was cut off. “What if they hurt themselves? Do you know what risk you are putting them into?” Umbridge spoke and Elizabeth said imitating her false voice. “It is a part of their learning.” Umbridge again turned her attention back to her notebook. “I see.”

“Okay then go together, is there anyone who needs an demonstration I will be happy to give-“ Again she was cut off with an unnecessary  comment from Umbridge. It continued like that until the class ended. “Class dismissed.” She said, five minutes before their free period. “Professor you must know that letting the students go before time is against the M-“ Umbridge didn’t get the chance to continue her sentence because Elizabeth had already stormed out the classroom. Boiling over in anger.

“Are you alright Professor, you don’t look so well.” A student asked. She nodded and held a hand to her head. “I am fine; just go on before I do something I will regret.” She mumbled so low the student didn’t hear.

A few days later again Umbridge waited for her with her pink notebook. Giving her a false smile. “Today we have a lot to go through, since-“ She was broken off again. “And how long have you had this post exactly?”

“I was hired at the same time as you Professor, now if we could please conti-“ She said, but was cut off by Umbridge’s annoying voice. “Professor excuse me for asking, but how much experience with teaching do you have?”

“As I said before I was hired the same time as you.” Elizabeth’s voice was now more like a sneer. “So you are unprofessional?” Umbridge said. “So it seems.” Elizabeth said and turned her gaze towards the class. “Does the Headmaster know-“ This time it was Elizabeth who cut her off. By yelling. “Class dismissed!” And storming out the door. Boiling over in anger. Crashing into Dumbledore on her way. He sent her a confused look and she shrieked. “She drives me nuts!” And storming off in a childish way. Walking to her room and slamming the door shut behind her. She took a pillow and screamed all she managed before her body slowly began to calm down.

Later on that night she was called into a meeting with The Headmaster, The Deputy headmistress and High inquisitor of the Ministry of Magic. Also knows as Dumbledore, McGonagall and Umbridge. With a knock she entered the Headmaster’s office where the three people were waiting. “Ah Ms. Taylor, please sit down.” Umbridge spoke up with so much falseness you could almost touch it.

“Do you know the reason for this meeting Ms. Taylor.” Umbridge spoke up. She gave a quick glance towards Dumbledore, who didn’t meet her gaze before answering. “No.”

“Your behavior in the classroom has been very distracting towards the students and a very bad example. Together with your lack of knowledge-“ Elizabeth broke her off by standing up from her stool. “My behavior in the classroom, you interrupted me every half second, the students lies behind because of you interrupting me all the time!” She shrieked, ignoring Dolores attempts to cut in. “And you also have a problem with your temper, I am afraid-“ Umbridge was cut off by a sneer from Elizabeth. “If you don’t mind headmaster I think it would be most wisely if we continued the conversation without Ms. Taylor.” Umbridge said and before Dumbeldore could say that wasn’t necessary Elizabeth had already walked outside. Not taking another second together with the toad woman. A few minutes more and she would have been sure she had cursed her.