Chapter Twenty Six: Burning Colors

"I will personally take you down!" I snarled at Kiara. I didn't care what it took but I'd fight her and defeat her, no matter the cost. I couldn't let her go through with her plan, it would just end in disaster and I've come to know that you need to fight with all that you can and never give up. "You're just a damn bastard that thinks they can win, but you can't!" I yelled at her again.

"That's where you're wrong," she smirked at me. I continued to struggle from her grip but it was no use, there was no budging. At this point my only options were to prevent her from finishing what she started or wait for Cole to help, but that wasn't going to happen any time soon because he was still on the ground. At least he wasn't being attacked by a shadow. My eyes shifted back up to Kiara who punched me with her free hand, making me let go of her other. She finally managed to bring her hand above my chest "I was looking forward to using him," she looked over at Cole then back down to me "but I guess that you'll have to do."

"Screw you and your shadows!" I screamed in her face, even though I knew it did nothing. A pain instantly shot through my chest when she placed her shadow covered hand right above my heart. It slowly went away when Cole jumped at her and tackled her off of me. The pain wasn't going away, and for some reason it quickly got worse again, worse than when it first started. I let out a wail, not wanting to hold in the pain. I turned myself over and lifted myself off of the ground with my hands, still kneeling on the ground. I gasped for breath as it was hard to at the moment, damn was it the worst feeling in the world! My vision started to fade and my body slowly started going numb. It started with my chest, slowly making it's way down my arms and torso, down to my legs. I fell onto my side, still in pain. My eyes focused on Cole and Kiara fighting, the last thing I saw before blacking out...

...I could faintly hear the fighting between Cole and Kiara who were both a little ways from me. I used my hands to sit myself up and finally regained my full eye sight. I couldn't explain it but this sudden feeling of anger and fate filled my body. It couldn't have been good since Kiara was so close to putting the shadow into me, what if she did? Cole looked over at me, "Cass, stay back, I've got the fight under control!" I watched as the two fought each other, throwing their elements at one another. Kiara looked at me as well which left her wide open for Cole to punch her and he took the opportunity. He didn't hesitate to run over to me, and help me up. "We need to get out of here, and fast."

The unexplainable anger and hatred inside of me grew, I had the feeling that things could possibly end badly. I wanted to tell him what was wrong but I couldn't bring myself to do it, I knew I was possessed. I hit him away from me, causing him to fall backwards onto the ground. "That's not going to happen, pretty boy," I hissed at him. I could see the shock in his eyes, it felt like a knife was impaling my heart when I said that, I didn't want to say it. I wouldn't have it if I wasn't in the situation I was in. "Hate to break it to you, but I'm possessing your dear friend here," the thing inside of me made me smirk at Cole. I walked up to him, him still sitting on the ground in shock, and stood over him. I knelt down beside him and his eyes followed mine. I smirked and pulled myself closer to his face. "I bet you wish i was still the same old Cass, don't you? The one that'd be there to comfort you in a flash. The one that could always make you smile. But that Cass isn't coming back," I brought my mouth close to his ear and whispered "and there's nothing you could do about that."

His facial expression remained shocked for a moment before turning into a raged look. "No, your wrong," he growled at me and pushed me off of him but used my wind to keep myself standing and from falling onto my back. He stood up and I could tell that he was pissed. Not at me, but at the shadow possessing me. It pained me to see what was going on, I could see every last second of it but could do a thing about it, I couldn't even control my own body. "I know she's still in there, you're only a damn shadow in control of her. She strong enough to break free, I believe that she can!" I just wanted to tell him that I was there, aware of everything happening, but i couldn't. Being able to see everything made it worse because I knew that he was right there but I couldn't do anything. I wanted to scream I'm fine, I'm right here! but the words ceased to slip from my mouth.

In a rage from the shadow, I created a ball of wind and didn't think twice about hitting Cole with it. He blocked the attack with a wall of rock, letting it fall back to it's original spot. "Snap out of it Cass! Fight the shadow, don't let them eat away at you!" he choked. "Just fight, get control and beat them! I know you can do it!" hearing him say that made me feel better and all the more determined to rip them of their control over me.

I stopped and stared at Cole, attempting to do that. Unfortunately it wasn't working as well as I was hoping it was. I created another sphere of Wind around my hand and glared at him, but I slowly got it to weaken. Come on, you're better than this, you're stronger I thought to myself as I kept trying to fight. I should have been able to overpower the shadow, as it wasn't in full control just yet, but it was hard. It's like I was trapped in the darkness and couldn't reach the dim light I could see. If only I could reach it and find my way out. I wanted to reach to so badly to end the madness but it was proving itself to be a great challenge.

I shook my head, the shadow making me lose control of myself once again. I shot myself at Cole with a huge gust of wind and tackled him the the ground, rolling a few feet before pinning him to the ground. I felt the hatred burning more inside of me, hate that would never have been there if I was my normal self. Now I was possessed by a shadow, a creature known for its dark presence and emotions. As long as it was inside of me, I'd be angry and hateful and anything in my way and Cole was that thing in this case. The problem was that I was really not since I had no reason to be. He's never done anything wrong, never pissed me off, I just hoped he knew that.

He managed to release one of his hands from my grip and used it to make a strip of earth wrap around me and pull me off of him. I was about to hit a wall but I stopped myself before I came into contact with it. "Get out of her you bastard!" he snapped, aiming for the shadow. I knew that he was pissed at it, I could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. I ran at him and threw a punch at him but he grabbed my fist mid air. "Don't say that she's gone, because she's not. I have faith in her that she can overpower you and kick your ass back to hell," I tried to punch him again with the other hand, which he grabbed as well. He looked me in the eyes, I knew that it was directed towards me, and he quavered "I know you're in there, so please come back."

I let a strong barrier of wind form around us, getting angrier. It was the shadow getting angrier because I still had no reason to be angry myself. I pushed him back so that my hands were free, now just face-to-face with him. I (the shadow) moved my hand up, ready to throw a rageful gust of wind at Cole, but I froze. I didn't want to do that, I didn't want to hurt him. Yeah, the shadow in me was strong, but my friendship with him was stronger, I wouldn't let him get hurt like he was about to. I started to breathe heavily, letting my hand fall to my side, the wind still around my hand. I looked down at my arm to see a dark shade of purple tracing the path of my veins, the wind getting stronger. I looked back up to Cole, saying "I'm sorry," I brought my hand back up, pointed in his direction. I brought my fist back and let it go flying. The hit missed Cole by a few inches and flew right passed him. It broke the barrier around us, the wind crashing against our faces.

His eyes widened, shocked once more. Instead of the attack hitting him it hit Kiara who was behind him, watching the fight. She was forced back into a pole, her letting out a wail. I walked passed Cole, not looking him in the eyes, pissed off at her. This time it was me who was angry, not the shadow. I wasn't sure what I did but I couldn't feel it anymore, it was like it was gone. I was in full control, I could finally fight her like I was planning on. I was going to take her down, fight her until she went down. I wasn't going to let her win, not after what she's done. I was going to defeat her and send her ass to hell, wheter it was the last thing I did. "You're going down!"