Chapter Eight: And Here's Where It All Changes

We entered a small room that appeared to be used for meditation, or something along the lines of that. I could tell from the Cinnamon smelling incense in the room. Boy, I love that smell of Cinnamon. "Smells nice," I admitted. It one of the only things I shared with my mom, the love of cinnamon and the smell of it.

Wu closed the door behind him, then turned to me "Thank you, picked it out myself," He walked over to a small table, and pulled out a teapot and a few cups. "Would you like some tea? It's nice and fresh," Wait, how could he have fresh tea? Had he been in here earlier to cook it? No, that couldn't be possible, could it? I've heard about him and his love for tea, so I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest. Before I could give an answer, he had already poured a couple of cups of tea.

"Um, sure," I was going to say yes anyways, but he had already poured the cup.. You would think that he'd wait for me to respond, but that didn't seem to be the case here. He walked over to me, and handed me a cup before sitting down. Right away, he took a sip of his tea. I looked around, awkwardly, not sure if I should sit down or not. I sat anyways. because he had sat down, and why would he sit and not let me? "So, what did you want to talk to me about?" I questioned him.

He brought the cup away from his mouth, and told me "I wanted to talk about your powers," Okay, I was expecting that much, but what about my powers did he want to talk about? There was quite a bit to talk about, so I wasn't sure where he was going with things at this point. "You're just as good with it as your mother was in her fighting days."

I smiled "Thanks," it was nice to know that, I wanted to be like that, to match my moms skills when it came to my elemental abilities. I was basically carrying on her legacy, and I wanted to honor it and keep it up to it's name. "What exactly about them did you want to talk about?" I waited for an answer, and hoped I'd get a good one.

He took another sip of his tea "Tell me, who taught you to use them, if your mom wasn't around to teach you?" Yep, that was a question that I could see coming. That was the first question people have asked me once they knew about my mom and my powers. "Was it your father?"

I nodded "Yeah, he was," I told him. My mom showed him how she could use her powers, and he showed me what he learned from her. Even though he could never actually do anything, I picked up everything that he'd show me. And the things he didn't show me, I learned on my own. Most of it was after he died, but I still managed to learn a good handful of things on my own. "He taught me a lot of stuff, and I'm grateful for that."

"I can see why you are, he learned some pretty useful things from your mother. Your mother wasn't able to pass down her knowledge to you, but your father was. It's good that you were able to learn some things. You've still got more to learn, though."

I raised an eyebrow. "Huh? What do you mean still got more to learn? I know that I do, but why are you saying that?" I was a little confused why he'd say that. I was aware of it, but where was he to say that? He wasn't training me or anything like he was with the others. If he was, then he could say that, but not in this case. Even if I was, how could he help me? I started to wonder what exactly he knew about my powers, he knew my mom after all.

He finally put down his cup of tea, which I noticed was empty. He looked up from his cup and over at me. "Every one of the Elemental Masters has much to learn, including you," I knew that, but my question wasn't answered. Where was he going with this? "I still haven't seen any close to meeting the level that the first Masters were at," he paused, but continued "Now tell me, what are you going to do to train?"

"Um," I started. I didn't even get that far, so an answer was absent from my mind. I didn't even know what to think about it, to be honest. "I'm just going to practice my moves, strengthen my powers, along with improve my combat and weapon skills."