Chapter 5: Don't I know you?

AN- This is what the Kusarigama looks like for those who don't know: The Kusari-gama is a combination of a sickle (short scythe) and a long chain with a weight attached to the end of it (Description from Urban Dictionary)

Chapter Five: Don't I know you?

I took a deep breath as they slided to door open, and a couple of people came into view. First, it was a young girl with short black hair, who looked as if she was a few years younger than me. Then there was an older guy, who had a long white beard. I would take it that the one with long hair was Wu.. I knew that he was Lloyd's uncle, so it wasn't that hard to figure out. "Ah, I see you've finally arrived," he said. Okay, don't get me wrong, but his beard is awesome. It seems to give him... To give him an unexplainable wiseness.

"I like just got here, after a really long walk. I was planning on coming, there's no way in hell that i'd pass up an opportunity like this," I told him, exactly like I've been thinking for a little bit before now. "I was actually thinking that this would be something good for me, somehow. I've been thinking that I might start doing things. Yeah, there may not be any big threats around, but that doesn't mean that there's not still good to be done around Ninjago."

The girl, who I still had no idea was, smiled at me. "You're right, and it's good that you've been thinking that. It's always useful to have people willing to fight for the good of humanity, especially an elemental," I nodded at her statement. "Oh, by the way, I'm Nya, Kai's sister," Hm, I never knew that he had a sister.

Before Wu had the chance to introduce himself, I spoke up "I know who you are. You're Wu, uncle of Lloyd and son of the Spinjitzu Master. My Dad's told me a little bit about you. It's an honor to actually get the chance to meet you."

He chuckled a little "It's nice to finally meet you as well. I knew that your mother had a couple of children, but I just never got the chance to meet you," by the sounds of it, my mother or father never took me or my sister to meet him. My mom died around the time that I was two, but I would have suspected that she would have brought my sister to meet them at least one or twice.

"I haven't heard from her in years, how is she doing?" Wu asked. I looked over at him, realizing that he was oblivious to the fast that she was dead. I don't see why, my dad told me that she died in battle. Wasn't she fighting by his side? Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe she was fighting with other ones, or even possibly alone.

In a low tone, I said "She passed when I was young, I'm surprised you don't know about her death."

The others looked at me for a second, all raising an eyebrow. "You can't be serious... What happened to her?" Garmadon added. I explained the part about her dying in battle "We weren't there when that happened, and none of the other masters told us about it. We all promised that we'd inform each other about a death of one of us if it so happened. I don't see why one of them wouldn't have said anything."

Yeah, she probably did go down when she was fighting solo. But how could my dad have know about her dying in battle if she really did? "Um, I've been guessing that she was battling alone when it happened. I really don't know, that's all that my dad's told me and my sister."

"That sucks," Jay admitted.

I nodded "It does, it really does."

"I don't know what happened to my mother either, it's not an easy feeling to live with," Kai added in to what Jay had just said.

I sighed "It isn't. Anyways, can we get cracking on whatever it was we were going to do," I insisted. I really didn't want to keep talking about my mom, because I wanted to keep it in my past, and I didn't want it to turn into a big deal. People are always like I'm SO sorry, you must be miserable. Yeah, it sucks to have grown up without a mother, but I learned to live with it, it was something that couldn't have been changed, and you need to learn to live with those things. I prefer not to over think about the past, especially things like this.