Chapter Nine: There's No "I" In Team

I wasn't exactly sure how, but I knew things were going to change. At this point I was going to enter the life of an elemental again, fighting for the greater good like before. I wasn't going to get out of it, because they always say: There's no going back. I believed that so I wasn't even thinking about it, I didn't even want to. "I really appreciate this," I admitted to Wu as we continued walking, and added "I mean it. You offered to help me, and I couldn't thank you enough for that, trust me."

"No need to thank me, I thought that it could help you. Plus, I did tell your mother that I owed her after she saved me once. So this is how I plan on repaying her, by helping you," once he brought it up, I wondered what he meant by 'after she saved me'. I never knew that she saved someone, let alone Wu. "I would have done it even if I didn't. She was a close friend, and it is good that I'm able to aid her daughter."

I smiled "That's good to know," it was, and it was interesting to know that he once helped my mother. I never really learned about who my mother had known and fought beside, it was exciting to actually get to meet one. I wasn't sure who else was among those people, but knowing of one them was good enough. They were someone I could trust, if my mother. "Sounds like the two of you were friends. What about the other's descendants? You had to have known them too, right?" I questioned. It only made sense that he did because they all fought in the fight against the Anacondrai.

He nodded "Some of them, yes. I knew the ones of Kai, Cole, and Lloyd. We were all great friends, I'll tell you that," it always amazed me to learn about past Elemental Masters. It was hard to believe how long ago that was, and to think, this generation of masters has been around for a while, some more than others. I didn't know anything about ones before them, since I've never known anyone who did that could tell me. There had to be some, thought, it couldn't just start with the previous ones. He added "Just as good of friends as they are now."

"I would like to have a friendship with some of the other Elemental Masters like they do, or you did with some back in the day," I bet that it would be fun to befriend some of them, it would just mean that I'd have some people to train with. The spars I had with the others was really fun, I hadn't had felt a rush in battle like that in a long time. Going up against a fellow Master sure proved to be a challenge compared to a fight with a non-elemental.

"Well," he stopped and turned to me "If you get along with them, I think that you can gain friendships like they share with each other."

"That would be nice."

We finally made it back to the guys and Nya, who were all back at the training place we all sparred at. I saw them training themselves, Kai with Zane, Cole with Jay, while Nya and Lloyd were training alone. "I've got something to tell you all," Wu spoke up, getting their attentions. As Jay turned to look at him, he got hit with a rock that Cole had kicked in his direction. I couldn't help but laugh a little at the cry he made, it sounded like those cat noises in movies as if it was getting his with something, which never ceased to get a laugh out of me.

"What is it, Sensei?" Kai wondered what the others probably were as well.

"I've been talking with Cass," Wu told them, gesturing to me. For some reason, I started to get nervous as to what they were going to think about what he was about to tell them. It was certainly a big change for everyone, but were they willing to work around the change? "I know that the team has been thinking about getting a new addition, but never came around to it after the tournament. I put some thought into it, and I think that it would be best if she joins for a bit, if not permanently."

"What?" We all were shocked. I had just talked to him, but he never brought anything up about it, all I knew was that I was going to train with them for a little while. Joining their team, that was a whole different story. Where did he even get the idea from anyways? I was pretty sure that they wouldn't be as open to that idea as they would to the other one, if they were at all. I was even more doubting that they'd agree to that then they would then with me just training with them.