Chapter Seven: Giving It All I've Got

A.N- You know what... I feel like an idjit. I totally forgot about the thing with Garmadon and all of that, I just realized that I wrote him into the story. Yep, I'm an idjit! I'm just going to edit chapter Five so that he's in it. Still an idjit! >-<

When he went to strike me with his scythe, the blade of one of my kusarigama blocked the attack. With the blades still touching, I swung the free blade I had at him, but he brought his scythe handle down and blocked my attack. Damn, he's pretty good with a scythe, I have to admit. "You are pretty good with a scythe," I told him and tried to hit him with the other blade again.

And like before, he blocked it with the scythe blade "You're pretty good with those Kusarigama yourself," I know, I can't help but be. It's another one of those things that I trained with my dad for, he was an expert in them as well. He stepped back a few feet, leaving me with the opportunity to make a move against him. I swung the Kusarigama back, keeping a tight grip on the chain,
and whipped it forward.

The Chain wrapped around his scythe's handle, so I pulled it away from him and out of his grasp. I grabbed it and held it in my hand "looks like you don't have a weapon," I grinned. That didn't mean he couldn't fight, I still needed to keep my guard up.

We shared a small glare, and then he created a sand cloud around us. "Not for long!" Damn it, I thought we weren't using our powers in this fight! Now when I think about it, no one ever said we couldn't. I looked around, trying to see him if I could. Nope, the sand was practically blinding me at the moment. I felt the scythe being ripped from my hands, and I punched a little bit of wind in their direction.

Some of the sand started to clear and I got an idea "Aha," even bigger than the last one, I created a huge gust of wind that cleared away every last bit of sand in the air. I saw him running at me again, trying to jump at be, but I ducked. I turned to him rolling on the ground and stand up. Again, we faced each other. "You might as well surrender now, before I go all out."

"In your dreams," he claimed, and swung his scythe at me. Somehow, the chain of my Kusarigama managed to to tangle around the shiny blade of the Scythe. I tried to pull it away, but the chain wouldn't budge. He pulled his scythe back and pulled my weapon along with it. Great, just my luck!

I jumped back away from him, now weaponless "Damn it," I whispered under my breath. I got a quick glance at the others, who all seemed immensely anxious to see who's win, basically at the ends of their seats. I was going to try to be the victor here, but at this rate, I couldn't ensure that. "Come on Cass, you've got this" I thought to myself. I've been in situations similar to this before, many times. I've fought guys with weapons when I've been weaponless, only to be aided by my elemental powers and good old fashion hand-to-hand combat. "You're not going to lose," I thought to myself again "There's not chance in hell you will."

I looked back over at Cole and his Scythe, just waiting for him to try to strike me with its blade. He finally did so, and swung at me with great force. I jumped away and held out my hands to stop myself. I turned around, and without thinking, I punched wind in the direction where he should have been. For some reason, that I couldn't exactly figure out, he wasn't there. Where'd he go in the short amount of time I hadn't kept my eyes on him? From behind me, I felt a change in the air, it was getting a little tense. I turned around and saw what I knew what I would, it was Cole with his Scythe pointed at me. "Ready to give up yet, Wind Girl?"

I shook my head. "Never," I tried grabbing the Scythe's handle to pull it away from him, but I grabbed the blade instead. A slight pain shot through my hand as the blade sliced through my palm. "Damn it," I pulled my hand back and held my wrist. It wasn't that bad, it wasn't anything compared to some things I've experienced in the past.