Chapter Eighteen: In Too Deep

I sighed "You two seriously didn't tell them about what happened, did you?" I was a surprise to me that Kai and Jay didn't yell the three about what happened, I would have told them if I was there. They shook their heads, confirming that they didn't. "I'm gonna take it that you wanted us all to talk about, then?"

"Yeah," Kai told me. "It would be best to tell them when she was actually there too. That way she could answer any questions that they had."

"Okay, that makes sense," I admitted. We quickly told them what happened and how she came asking about the team, along with her wanting to possibly join the team. "Like I told Jay and Kai, I know that I probably don't have that big of a day in this, but I want you to hear me out. I think it'd be good, and why not do this now while you're still getting used to me being here? It'll be easier to get used to both of us, and one extra person isn't going to make that big of a difference compared to it just being me."

"I don't have a problem with it," Cole chimed in as if he didn't even need to think twice about his decision. Both Lloyd and Zane nodded in agreement which meant that all of us agreed and things would end up working out. I still thought at was a little weird about how fast things had went, it wasn't that long ago that she came here, and now joining the team. I wasn't sure how that was going to affect things but I knew that it wasn't going to be anything that wasn't manageable. If anything went wrong it'd be the guy's problem since they were the ones that were on the team the longest, so I didn't need to worry about cleaning up any messes. Cole turned to me and Shadow "Hey, why don't you two room together instead of Nya and Cass? It'd be better, because you two can bond better than if not, and it's be good for the both of you. Plus, I have the feeling that Nya wouldn't mind in the slightest.

"Thank God! Now I don't need to sleep in the same room as a snorer!" It's be good to sleep in a room that was free of any snoring, or I thought. "Wait, you don't snore, do you?"

As Shadow was about to respond, Kai cut her off "Whoa, whoa, whoa, back up there. My sister does not snore," I shook my head at him, internally laughing at the fact that he didn't realize his own sister snores, like a pig specifically. Seriously, it sounded like a pig screaming bloody murder, the biggest factor why I didn't want to sleep in that room anymore. It wouldn't stop me from being her friend though, she was a decent person underneath all of that snoring. "Okay, fine, maybe a little."

"And by a little you mean a lot, she snored a lot," I laughed, making the others laugh a little too, as well as Kai. "Well, anyways, what did you guys find?" I asked Lloyd, Cole, and Zane. All of a sudden I got curious as to what they discovered on their search, hopefully they found something useful. We needed some kind of explanation for what happened, even the littlest bit of informations would be helpful, as long as it got us somewhere. I was determined to find out what happened as well as find them so we could give the snakes an answer about what happened to the ones that went missing. Better yet I wanted to find them so we could tell them that they were perfectly fine.

The three's facial expressions went from calm to rather unsettling ones. It didn't take much for me to realize that they had bad things to inform us, and little good if any. "Uh, can we talk to the three of you in private?" Cole insisted, looking over to Shadow. "You should go introduce yourself to Wu, he's down the hall," he got a nod from her and we watched her leave.

"What happened?"

"Uh, we may have ran into something while we were there," Lloyd told us. I raised an eyebrow. What could they have run into near Jamanakai Village? There was barely anything there, besides the town and a bunch of rocks. We barely came into contact with any wildlife, so it didn't make sense that they would. "It's hard to explain. To put it into simple terms, we found them, but they weren't alone. They attacked us like they did that girl from yesterday, but when we defeated them, something came out of them."

"I scanned my database, and even I don't know what it was. It appeared to be a shadow person, one came out of each of them." Zane revealed, making my eyes widen.

"Wait, so you're saying some sort of shadow people did this?" I inquired. What did they mean by shadow people? I've heard of things like that when I was a kid but I've always thought that it was an urban legend. I had a bad feeling about all of this, it just left an unsettling feeling in my stomach. I could tell that the others were the same because they were all tense. "Do you think they had something to with the snakes attacking? It would explain why Scales didn't know anything about it."

"Actually, yeah I do. When we brought them back, they didn't try to attack anyone," Cole admitted.

"Did they say anything about the shadows?" Jay questioned.

Cole shook his head. "No, that's the thing. I think that they were in shock, for some reason. They didn't say anything, and one of them even freaked out."

"Damn," I clenched my fist, but calmed down and let it loses. That meant we had no information on these shadows, and the only ones that we know have encountered them can't even tell us anything about them, just our luck. What were we supposed to do now that we knew something was up, but had no leads? "Do you guys think that this is something worse than it appears to be? I mean, the shadow people have to mean something, right?"

"Yeah," Lloyd nodded, same with the others. It was good that I wasn't the only one who was thinking that, it meant that we were all on the same page. But what were we going to do? We had to look into things but we had no clue where to start. Were we just supposed to wait for something else to happen? At this point, that was the only thing that made sense and could actually work. We couldn't just go around Ninjago and search every nook and cranny and wait for something to come up, that just wouldn't work.

"What are we going to do? I know we're going to have to look more into this, but we've got nothing else to go off of. And I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who doesn't exactly want to search all of Ninjago for something else."

"There's nothing we can do," Kai chimed in. "We need to wait until something comes up, then we'll do something. Until then, we can just train or whatever. You, and now Shadow still need to learn how to summon your dragon, but that won't work until something happens that makes you have to, whenever you face a fear or a doubt. But we don't know what that will be so we'll just need to show you a couple of other things. Okay?"

"That's fine," I admitted. I still wished that I'd be able to learn it, but there could still have been a couple of things that I could learn from them. There even was a couple of things that I had in mind that I could show them, if they didn't already know it. Hm, I wondered if they knew about what Shadow said about how each of us, based on our element, has special abilities that others don't possess. Maybe we could all talk about it and try to see what all of ours are. I know for a fact that what I did earlier was one, but I couldn't think of many other things that could be something as well. "Oh, we've seriously got to kick box some time while training," I told Lloyd and Cole.

"Oh, you kick box too?" Cole raised an eyebrow.

"Yep, and I'm pretty good at it. Kai and Jay said that you and Lloyd do a little bit of kick boxing, I'd like to see what you can do," I told him. I was honestly interested to see how they were, and maybe I could actually have some people to practice with, it'd be a good change compared to before when it was just me. "Well, anyways, are we going to train at all today or what? Because I'm not sure if we are or not, since what happened today. I'd expect that we'd need to talk about it more, but there's nothing to talk about, and it's only two."

"I was thinking we could just do whatever the rest of the day, then pick up tomorrow," Jay suggested. We all nodded in agreement, ready for training in the morning. I couldn't wait till morning hit, because I was eager to see what training with them would be like. It'd be different than I thought because Shadow was here now and she'd be training with us as well. It was only one extra person, and the more people the better. It'd be great to finally get to train with other people and not just alone, maybe I'd learn more than I was expecting to.