Chapter Six: Fire and Ice

The few things that have happened so far, have all been interesting to me. I was surprised how Wu was clueless about how my mom was dead, for a while at that. Then the spar with Jay, it was actually very fun, and I didn't even think I'd beat him after not fighting against anyone in a while. I was hoping that the fights got more challenging as they went on. In a normal thing like this, you'd normally see as the rounds went on, it got more challenging. Hopefully it was like that.

"Hey, good luck tin-man," I joked, giving him a thumbs up. I knew that he was a robot at this point, so why not give him that nickname? I thought that it suited him well, because for some reason, he reminded me of the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz.

"I am not made of tin," He insisted, knocking on his metal body, I heard it each like any other metal would sound like if hit but something. "This is Titanium."

"Zane, it was a joke!" Kai yelled to him. I laughed a little before stepping back and get into a fighting position. I was going to aim to not hit him, because he was made of titanium, and there was no doubt in my mind that it would hurt like hell. I was going to just use my powers, when it got to another fight, I'd try to use good old hand-to-hand a little bit. "Okay, ready, set, go!"

Unlike this time, like how Jay went straight to the fighting, Zane stayed in a defensive position. We looked at each other for a second. So, he was going to play it slow for now, I see how it was going to be. I took the moment to make a move on him myself. Without hesitation, and threw a good punch in his direction, causes it huge gust of wind to hit him. He dug his feet into the ground, which stopped him as he went back.

"Damn it," I whispered. Out of no where, a block of ice formed around my feet, leaving me stuck where I was. "Hey, no fair!" I claimed. Yeah, I know all's fair in love and war, but seriously! How does he expect me to fight if I
can't move around?

"It's a fight, anything's fair," he told me. He ran to punch me, but I held out my hands and sent out another gust of wind. It didn't exactly stop him, but it did slow him down. He kept running at me, and I kept letting my wind hit him. His fists ended in my hands, and we stood there, putting force on one another.

I gripped his wrist with two hands and threw him over my shoulders and a good couple yards away from me. I looked around and saw a small rock near a wall. I forced some wind at it, causing it to hit the wall behind it and come flying to me. I grabbed it and knelt down, then started to smash the Ice that was preventing me from moving. "Aha," I finally smashed it all and was free. By that time, Zane was already back up and ready to fight some more. I waved my hands in front of me, saying "Come and get me!"

He formed two Ice spheres in his hands and threw them at me, which I caught. I threw on at him and it hit his face. He fell back and landed on the ground. I raced faster to him with wind around my fists, and stopped at him. I pointed one of my wind willed hands at him, saying "Might as well give up now, Tin-Man," I decided to keep that as his nickname, despite him being made out of titanium.

He put his hands up in surrender as he stood up. "Good fight," He admitted. Yeah, it was a good fight, I had to admit. It was fun like the last on I had with Jay.

"Same to you, now who's next?" I chuckled. I knew that it was Kai, but I couldn't resist saying who's next because of my two wins in a row. I knew that I would beat all of the other three, but I sure was doing a good job for just starting this one-on-one stuff again. Like serious, I didn't think that I'd be this decent.

"Be prepared, I'm quite the fighter," Kai couldn't help but brag.

I laughed "Well, we'll see about that," I was going to see just how powerful he was, and I bet this was going to be a good fight, for some reason. I was fired up and ready to fight, I didn't think about backing down or not giving it my all. I was already through two out of five fights already and I still wanted to show them exactly what I could do.

Once again, I heard GO! and the two of us were already going at each other. It hadn't even been ten seconds and I could tell that he was an aggressive fighter. He threw punches at me every which way, but I blocked most of them. A few managed to hit me, but they weren't anything I couldn't handle. "Come on, you can give me more than that!" Kai yelled at me, trying to pump me up even more.

"I was just getting to that!" I just yelled back. He punched fire at me, but I ducked, and kicked some wind at him, tripping him. He fell onto his stomach, face first. He shook his head and looked back up at me. Like a few seconds before he punched some fire at me. This time it hit me in the leg and started to burn my pants. "Hey! Ow!" I looked down and put it out, before looking back up to Kai jumping at me.

We rolled a few feet until he ended up on top of me. Damn it, what's up with me getting tackles by people so much today?! First it was when I was fighting the Snakes, then with Jay, and now Kai? I tried to get him off of me with wind, but he was restraining my wrists next to my head. I couldn't use my legs to kick him off with me, which made things suck even more. "Okay, okay, you win. Just get off of me, would you?" I questioned.

"Yeah, no problem," he said as he got up, before I did. The Jay gave him a thumbs up before Kai turned to me. "Hey, nice try, not bad, if I do say so myself."

"Thanks."

Cole walked up to us, and started to push Kai away and out of the way. "So," he began "We've seen you with your powers, why don't we try
fighting with weapons?"

"Yeah!" I smiled, now that would be great! I loved fighting with weapons, especially my favorite weapon, a Kumarigama. From what I could tell, I was one of the best with them. It mostly had to do because not a lot of people used them, but it did say something that I was really good with them. "Let's get to it then."

"Alright," he went and grabbed a scythe from a weapons rack while I grabbed a Kumarigama. I felt the grip on it before walking back over to the others. "Just to warn you, I'm really good with a Scythe, and I won't be holding back. This is suppose to be a challenge to you, it a challenge it's going to be.

"Same to you, I wouldn't be holding back either. And I'm not that bad with these," I held up the weapon in my hands, and smirked "Watch out, I'm badass with these."

"Well, we'll see." We stood so we were looking at each other, and we both got out weapons ready. I was really ready for this, and I was sure that he was too. I observed him and his stance, and he was well balanced. I could tell that he's been using them for quite some time, because he had a nearly perfect grip on the handle. Now this, was going to be a good fight. Things would get interesting, when we heard Go, and we both showed no hesitation to attack. Before I knew it, I was hearing the clashing of our blades.