Chapter Twenty Three: Fix You

We all knew that there wasn't anything else we could to in the city so we all agreed to going back to the monastery. Our top priority was discussing everything that we just learned and to decide what we were going to do. We couldn't just leave things like they were and do nothing, we had no clue what could happen. Based off of the few things I knew about this Alvah thing, we couldn't let it get out or Ninjago would be in serious trouble. I know that the guys and Nya have been through things like this, things that have been huge like it, so they probably had a better understanding of it and how hard it could get. They all looked concerned, and clueless as if they were completely oblivious to what we were supposed to do, so I was 95% sure that anything that happened would be a struggle. If someone who's used to this is concerned then it means there won't be any completely smooth sailing.

I saw that like I did Shadow unlocked her dragon as well. Hers was a little smaller than mine, and was a darkish grey color with a neon green stripe like pattern on it's back. I've noticed exactly how different each of our dragons were from each other, they all had their own special properties (relating to it's represented element) that made it different from the others. Some of the differences were noticeable, such as her dragon being smaller, most likely so it had less weight to weigh it down which allowed it to go faster than other dragons. Then others like mine didn't, one of the special things about mine was that it was able to maneuver through the air better than others because it was the wind dragon, and wind was better in tune with air than any other elemental which could come in handy while dodging things.

The whole ride back was quiet, we were all pretty shaken up from what happened not too long before. Even though we knew what happened I could tell that we were all still trying to process it all, not fully understanding. I wasn't even sure if that's what the problem was, I had the feeling that each and every one of us couldn't believe it and didn't want it to be true. For one of your friends to be turned against you and the other to go missing in a period of only a few hours wasn't an easy thing to handle. It just felt weird. This morning we were all having a great time, laughing at breakfast and everything, and now this is happening. It's just that it was happening so quickly so it was hard to accept all at once. We just needed some time to think, then we'd be able to talk about it.

Like I expected, when we got back some of us did need some time to think about what happened. Most of us left to get some time alone to think, leaving Cole, Lloyd, Shadow, and I to talk. I looked at them all, but they all remained quiet. I sighed "We need to talk about it eventually, if we want to make a plan," I told them, knowing that somewhere deep down inside of them they were thinking the same thing. There was no chance that they didn't even think that at all, even when you're scared or worried you have to be aware you need to take action eventually. They'd be idiots to not be be pondering about at least one thing relating to the events happening, and what we could possibly do to resolve it. "I know you guys are still processing what happened, but we can't just sit around.

"I know, it's just," Lloyd started before pausing to think for a moment, and continued "I don't know what to do. I never heard of this elemental master, so I'm not sure what she's capable of. And on top of that, she's trying to bring back an evil that my grandfather banished, and I'm not sure what's going to happen. None of us are. We just need some time to think, that's all, then we'll talk about it."

I got that none of us knew what to think or what was going to happen but that's why we needed to talk about it. It wasn't going to be any use keeping our thoughts to ourselves, we needed to talk it out as a group, not as individuals. We were a team and teams were supposed to get through things together. "I understand what you're getting at," I admitted "But we're not going to get anywhere unless we work together as a team. That's what we are, aren't we?"

The three of them exchanged looks before looking back at me. "You're right," Cole agreed with me. "I know it sucks, but there's not getting them back until then, so we'd better start discussing a plan while it's still early in the game."

"I know that," Shadow spoke up. "I just can't believe what happened with Zane. I have the feeling that the same thing ended up happening to Jay. What if it happens to one of the rest of us?" she frowned and looked down on the ground, kicking a rock that happened to be right next to her foot.

I saw Lloyd wrap his arm around her shoulder, comforting her "It's going to be fine. I'm not going to let anything happen to you guys," he smiled at her, getting one back from her. "We'll get through this without a problem, we always do," be rubbed her arm with the hand wrapped around her and pulled away, still flashing her a smile. "Just give the others, say, a half an hour and then we'll talk. That okay with you guys?" He questioned, putting away from Shadow.

Shadow and Cole nodded, same with me. "Yeah, that's fine. They can think about it and maybe we'll talk about more stuff if we do that than if we were to just talk now. They'll get it all through their minds, hopefully all of it, and will be better prepared to talk then," I watched Shadow and Lloyd gave small nods and walked out of the room together, leaving Cole and I alone. I looked over at him and I could tell that he was pretty hurt because of what happened. "Hey," I spoke up "I have the feeling that you're blaming yourself for what happened, us losing Jay like that, along with Zane. Just don't let it eat away at you, it's not your fault. If you won't believe that, know that I played some part in it too."

With a frown still visible on his face he looked up at me. "I know that it's not all my fault, that's not the problem. It's just that they're like brothers to me and I can't believe that they're gone like they are. They were they're one moment and gone the next," he paused his speech, making me curious what else he was thinking. I knew that it was a lot, there was no doubt that he was.

"I know that I haven't know them as long as you have," I started with a small chuckle "The time I have is nothing compared to the time that you've known them for. I probably don't deserve to be saying this as much as you do, but I want to find them. I want to get them back and make sure that they're okay, it's hurt me to see them get hurt. I know it's a possibility but I'm trying not to think about that, but rather the idea that there's still a chance to get them back and safe for real. But we're going to get them back, things are going to end okay."

I saw a couple of tears fall from his face, him crying "I just want them to be okay. I know that I could have done something back there," my expression went from serious to sorry, I'd never take him as the one to cry so it was surprising that he was at the moment. I felt bad for him because it was as if all the regret pushed itself out of him and into a session of tears and sadness

I found myself frowning as well and couple help but pull him into a hug. "Hey, don't blame yourself for what's happened," I started and felt him return the hug. He hugged me tighter and dug his face into my shirt. "We couldn't help it, to be honest. It was meant to happen just like it's meant for us to get them back," we pulled away from the hug and I continued "i promise that I'm going to stop at nothing to get them back. We'll do it together. As a team... And as friends," I flashed him a small smile.

A smile met his face too "Thanks. It's good to know that I can rely on you to have my back, Cass. I appreciate you talking to me, it's something that I couldn't come to the others about, for some reason. Just don't want them seeing me crying like this, I guess," he told me. "Especially Jay because he'd be making fun of me for it," he laughed a little.

I laughed a little as well "Maybe, but I'd whoop his ass for laughing at someone crying for a valid reason," it would be mean for him to laugh at Cole for crying at this, I got why he was and I respected him for being able to. I just felt bad because he couldn't help but take responsibility for it, he cared too much about them. That was the thing, he gave himself way too much responsibility for himself that he's crying, no one deserves that. "Just don't overthink things or let them get to you, you don't deserve the stress," I rubbed his shoulder and made my way for the door before turning to see him. "Remember that," I finished and walked out for my room. For find reason that talk felt good, I guess it was being able to let him talk to me. I'd grown to trust him as a close friend, if he wasn't really one. He somehow managed to basically become my best friend in the last month of being here, something that was so crazy that it was unbelievable, and I was grateful for that. I couldn't ask for a better friend.