Chapter Ten: The Truth Releaved

Chapter Ten: The Truth Revealed

I smiled as I felt the wind blow through my hair. "Ah, it's nice when wind blows through your hair, ain't it?" I joked a little, while still trying to be serious. It's probably because I was the wind elemental, and from my understanding, Elementals have interests affiliated to their element. One of mine is that I enjoy a nice cold breeze, the colder the better. "With that long hair of yours, you must like it," I chuckled.

"Hey," Cole tried defending himself,"Just because I have hair like this, doesn't mean I like it," we shared a short stare, then he laughed a little as well "Who am I kidding, it's pretty nice," I haven't seen many guys who could pull off long hair like his, but for some reason he could. There was Lloyd who had long hair, but it was nothing compare to his long hair. I had to admit, it was some awesome hair. "So, I'm wondering, what do you think about all of this?"

"Hm?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, about joining the team?"

"Ah," I still wasn't exactly sure how I should have felt, you could say I was having mixed feelings about it. I was surprised that it came to that. I was excited, too. And I was happy that it happened as well. It was a change that I knew would benefit me, and wasn't that bad. "It's gonna take some time to get used to, but it shouldn't be that bad. I feel like it's going to be fun, actually. From what I can tell, you guys are crazy, and I love crazy," I admitted. "I'm just going to add onto it."

"You have no idea what kind of crazy we have going on back at the monastery, but you seem like you can handle it," he was right, I could handle it, or I at least hoped. I grew up being friends with a crazy group of kids back in Jamanakai Village, so it shouldn't have been a problem. I watched as the village come into view, and heard Cole add "I don't know where your place is, so you're gonna have to show me."

He landed right on the edge of the Village, and the both of us jumped off the dragon before he let it vanish. "Okay, I'm not going to take that long. Just gotta get some things and explain things to my sister," I told him as I rubbed the back of my neck. I was still a little nervous about how she would take things, for all I knew she'd tell me I couldn't go. I cared about her so much, but I couldn't let her stop me from going. "You can wait outside, or in my living room if you want."

"I'll take your living room," we walked towards my house, and for some reason I dreaded each step that I took. It was one step closer to facing my sister and being forced to tell her the news. I knew that I was overthinking the situation, but I couldn't help it, there was no way in hell that it would go smoothly. We stopped at my house, and Cole got a good look at it. "Nice place."

"Thanks. It's technically not mine, it's my sister's house," I told him. She was the one who originally bought it, she just let me stay with her, mostly because it was the only way I could live near her. I opened the door, and once I got inside I yelled "Amanda, I'm home!"

I heard her jogging down the stairs. I saw her turn around the corner from the hallway, as she started to say "I'm glad you're home, it's getting late and I wasn't sure where you were-" She stopped when she saw me with Cole, and just continued to stare at him. "Oh, I didn't know that you were going to bring someone back with you."

I scratched the back of my neck "I know, neither did I. This is Cole, one of the Ninja, the one that helped me earlier, actually," I gestured to him, who waved a little. I wasn't sure what to say there, things just seemed to awkward at the moment, to me at least. "I've actually got something to tell you. I'm not sure how you're going to react about it, so could we talk in another room, just the two of you?" She nodded, and started for the room next to the living room. I turned my head so that I could see Cole behind me "You can just chill here for a bit. If you hear any yelling, which you might, just stay here."