Chapter 11: Well Now You Know

Chapter Eleven: Well Now You Know
Like I expected, we got back to the monastery around six-thirty, as the sun was just going down. We jumped off before Cole let the dragon vanish like it had before. I looked at the monastery, which looked completely different than it had when it was light out the first time I'd been there. "This place looks cool at night," I admitted, starting for the front door, following Cole. "So, where am I going to end up staying?"

"You've got two choices: You can either room with Nya, or you can have your own room. Which one will it be?" he questioned me. It was a hard decision. I had the two options, room with someone or be by myself. I thought that it would be nice to get to know her, the only other girl around her. On the other end, I could have as much privacy as I wanted to have.

I moved my hands up and down, imagining myself literally weighing my options. "You know what," I put down one of my arms, knowing which one I wanted to choose "I'll room with Nya. It wouldn't hurt, and as long as she agrees, it's fine," I didn't want to room with her unless she agreed to me rooming with her.

"It'll be fine, she's been talking about wanting another girl around anyways, so I doubt she'll refuse it," he took me to her room, which could soon turn into both of our room. He knocked, and we heard some ruckus from the other side of the door. A few seconds later, she opened the door "Hey Nya."

"Oh, hey Cole. I see that you two are back. What's up?" She asked him. I was going to take it that she didn't expect him to come to her door or something. She moved back and gestured us to come in, which we did.

I looked around and saw two beds, one already occupied. It looked like it was meant to be some kind of dorm, or something along the lines of that. There was a desk, some drawers, and then the two beds with some nightstands, just the usual. Not to mention a bathroom, which I could see through a door on the opposite wall. "Uh, Cole said that I could room with you."

She turned to him and raised an eyebrow "He did?" She looked like she wasn't aware of it, which I couldn't blame. It didn't look like they had any time in between the time we all found out about me joining the team and how. She got a slight nod from him, which caused her to sigh. "I guess you can, I don't see why not. I'd be happy to have you as a roommate."

"See, I told you that she'd be fine with it," Cole tried before she started to push him out the door. Before he was fully out of the room, he said "Have fun," she finally managed to push him out of the room completely and slammed the door in his face. We stood there for a moment, realizing that he wasn't going to make an attempt to say something else.

We shared a short moment of an awkward silence until I broke it "Are you sure you're okay with this?" I don't know why, but I felt as if she was being pushed to do it. I would feel bad if that was the case, and she didn't really want me too.

She nodded. "Yeah. Like I said, it's not a problem. I think that it'll be fun, actually. I'm just glad that there's another girl around. Being the only one around for two years isn't exactly fun." she admitted, forming a smile. Not that I realized it, she really was the only one around. I would hate to be in that situation, at least in living arrangements. I grew up with a sister, so that wasn't a problem. I did kind of know where she was getting at, because sadly, back in the later years of elementary school, I went to a small school where I was the only girl in the class. Now that sucked!

"Well, I'm here how," I said as I put my bags on the open bed leaving against a wall, which already has sheets and everything on it. I forgot to bring some, so it was a relief that they had some that weren't being used. I unzipped the one that I stuffed all my clothes in and looked at them "And I'm not going anywhere for a while," I assured her. I started putting away my clothes, putting them in the drawers that weren't being used.