forty-four: kokinos family

gif of ophelia

not proof-read!

~marco donati pov~

Marco narrowed his eyes at the fucker. The last thing he expected was to his face. He thought when he threatened him to go back to Greece him and Ophelia would never have to see him again and the thought of him never came across his mind as he was planning the trip to Greece.

'Should have thought about traveling to Greece...'

Marco stared at Ophelia, who had a shocked expression on her face. Panic rose through him. Did Ophelia still have feelings for him?

'No you fucking idiot. Use your damn logic.'

He was being stupid again. Of course she didn't have feelings for him. She loved him and he very much loved her.

Finn opened his mouth to say something, but a woman stepped in. She had an uncanny resemblance to Ophelia except she appeared older with hints of grey hair.

The woman had tears brimming in her eyes as she placed her hand over her mouth. "Ophelia, pumpkin." She whispered.

Ophelia smiled at the woman. "Mother, I missed you so much."

'Ah, that would explain it.'

Ophelia's mother ran to Ophelia, pulling her in for a hug. "What are you doing here?" She asked as she pulled away.

"Ask this one over here." Ophelia said, pointing to Marco. "Mother, this is Marco."

Mrs. Kokinos stared at Marco, scanning his appearance. She smiled. "Wow, Marco. The last time I saw you was when you were just a teenage boy and now look at you! You have grown so handsome! You look just like Lorenzo when he was about your age."

Marco smiled at the compliment. "It's nice to see you too after so many years, Mrs. Kokinos."

"Please call me Ada. We are going to be family after all! How is your mother these days? I haven't seen her for years!"

"She is doing well. She talks about you a lot." He stated. Ada grinned in reply.

"Tell her to call me sometimes. Oh! Where are my manners? Please come in. I am sure my husband would be delighted to meet you."

Finn had an awkward expression on his face. "I should be going then. Goodbye Ada."

"Oh yes! Goodbye Finn!" She waved.

"It was nice too see you again, Ophelia." Finn said. Ophelia nodded in response.

"Marco." He nodded curtly towards him.

"Finn." Marco said his name with bitterness.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

The first thing Marco noticed when he stepped inside the Kokinos's house is the view. Blue seas. Blue sky. It was definitely a view to remember.

"Anders! We have a special visitor! Come down here!" Ada shouted to her husband. Marco's facial expression may looked calm, but inside he was freaking out.

He was seeing Ophelia's father. Sure they met once when Marco was just a teenager, but from the moment Marco saw Anders Kokinos, Marco felt like shrinking back because that how intimidating Anders Kokinos was and from what Ophelia told him, he didn't see Anders Kokinos changing at all. 

He heard footsteps coming down and heard a deep sigh. "I told them not to come today-" Before he could even finish his sentence, Anders saw Ophelia and widened his eyes. "Ophelia."

"Father." She said nodding her head.

Anders turned to Marco with squinted eyes as if he was trying to remember something. "Lorenzo? No, you have different eyes. You have Francesca's eyes. Marco, right. It's a pleasure to see you again. You have grown into a fine young man." Anders offered out his hand towards Marco for a hand shake.

Marco politely returned the gesture. "It's very nice to meet you, sir."

He had been standing with this man for barely a minute and he already felt a cold-chill down his spine. He could now understand why Ophelia wanted to impress him so much.

"I do not mean to sound rude, but may I ask why you are in Greece?" Anders asked. 

"I need to discuss something with you. Both of you." Marco stated with a serious expression on his face.

Anders and Ada nodded their heads understandingly. "Please come this way, I will have the maid to bring us some drinks."

The couple both disappear off. Ophelia turned to him with a very confused look. "What are you up to?" She asked.

"Nothing, treasure. Nothing."

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

~ophelia kokinos pov~

It was a surprise enough that we were going to Greece for our vacation and now Marco had to talk to my parents? Sometimes I do not understand that man.

Marco and I sat comfortably on one couch whilst my parents sat on another which was just opposite of us.

"So what do you need to discuss about?" My father asked. His cold-eyes flash to Marco's direction. It's just his natural look.

Marco didn't hesitate to start speaking. "At first I thought of Ophelia as just a woman who my father arranged for me to get married to. At first she meant nothing to me. Then I got to know her, I realised that she is more then some Greek Heiress. She is more then what the tabloids make of her. Without realising I fell in love with her. She is the best thing that ever happened to me. You should be proud of your daughter, sir."

I released my nervous breath. I didn't even know that I was holding it in. He went all the way to Greece just to talk to my parents? That has to be the most sweetest thing in the world.

"I am in love with her. I just want you two to understand that I am no longer marrying her because of a business deal or whatever you agreed with my father. I am marrying her because I am in love with her."

Damn you, Marco. You're just perfect.

"And if you are not proud of your daughter, then you are fool, Mr. Kokinos."

I snapped my head to Marco with wide eyes. He did not just say that!

But he did.

Mother was smiling brightly at Marco with tears in her eyes. Father had a blank expression on his face. I grew nervous. What if he hated Marco?

I clenched my fist, staring at my lap. Oh God. How he is my father going to react?

But then I heard my father chuckle deeply. I stare up at him with wide-eyes. I see him smirk slightly.

"Welcome to the family, Marco." He chuckled as he stood up and walked back upstairs without saying anymore.

Mother smiled sheepishly. "If you two will excuse me for a moment." She then stood up and followed my father.

Marco stared at me with the same amount of shook that I had. "Well that went better then I thought." He laughed.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

god damnit marco. stop it. my heart can't go on. 

you smooth talker you...

who else is swooning over the, wait for it...ITALIAN DEVIL.

haha i just had to. i couldn't help it. 

see you in the next chapter!

have a lovely day or night!

nat xxx