four: younger donati

Douglas Booth as Dante Donati

Not proof-read

Italy is such a beautiful place. If you compare Italy to the city life I lived in America, it is a nice change. The blue skies that reflect the clear oceans and seas, the white clouds that float above the beautiful country and the streets filled with such history and art. Italy is practically the definition of beautiful. Unfortunately, this beautiful country is the home of a certain ignorant man. Italy is like a fresh sheet of paper, but on the edge of that clear white paper is a nasty blotch that nobody wants.

Marco Donati is that nasty blotch.

Of course I don't mean physically. I will give him points for having being stupidly handsome. The blue-eyes with a charming smirk rested on his perfectly sculpted lips? I can understand why the ladies fall for him.

Ridiculously handsome? Yes. A cocky bastard? Definitely.

Please God, give me the strength to deal with the Devil himself...

I will ver understand men like him. Conquering women like they were objects to be won, then dropping them when they get bored and moving on to the next object. Men like that are the worst and Marco Donati is one of those men.

So in more simpler terms: Marco Donati is a dirty hoe.

I stand at the drop off and pick up, patiently waiting for the car to pick me up. The sound of suitcases rolling is a constant repeat in my ears as I am waiting for someone to take me to Marco Donati's house where I will be living probably for the rest of my life. Isn't life just wonderful?

Fifteen long minutes I have been standing with my two suitcases, waiting for a car to come for me. No car, no text, no call; nothing has come for me.

Lesson number one: never keep a lady waiting. Especially a Kokinos lady.

"Come on, hurry up." I mutter underneath my breath as I check my phone for the time once again. 9:24 am. My plane landed about half-an-hour and if you combine the hour delay my plane had, that gives plenty of time to come for me.

Like my mind was read, a black sleek car pulls in front of me. Thank God. I couldn't stand waiting here another minute. I roll my eyes at the lateness.

Maybe I had really high exceptions, but I expected Marco Donati to step out of the car in slow motion with the wind breezing through his hair. Like I said before, I had really high exceptions.

I did not expect a young man who appears to be in his early twenties to step out of the car with huge grin plastered on his lips.

"Ophelia Kokinos, pleasure to meet you." He grins mischievously as he mockingly bows to me like my former butler did every time he greeted me. From the rich leather shoes and Armani button up, he is no butler.

I blink my eyes in shock, my mouth agape at the sigh before me. I don't think anyone has bowed to me before expect for my butler or maid. Everyone else just greets with a simple "hello" or a kiss on the palm. Never a bow. "And I would say the same thing, if I know who you were." I state cooly, crossing my arms.

His body stands straight again, but his grin is still there. "Dante Donati."

My brows shoot up in shock. He's a Donati? I never met Dante Donati, the name sounds familiar, but I never met him.

"Or you can call me brother, since we are going to be family very soon." He says cheekily, his Cheshire Cat grin expanding.

The same cringe feelings creeps on my shoulders as the realisation sets once again. I will be marrying an awful man. I would rather marry a dog, but then again, Marco Donati is no different than a bitch.

A loud chuckle interrupts my...pleasant thoughts about Marco Donati. "You look like you just ate a lemon, sister." He comments teasingly. "Don't you want to marry my brother?"

I don't answer his question because he knows the answer all too well. My answer is a big fat no.

"Of course, I want to marry him. It's for business after all." I lie through my teeth as I put on a fake smile which I have mastered already. "Who wouldn't want to marry him?"

He smirks. "Well, me for instance. My mother, my father, my sister, my uncle, my cousins. Oh, and my-"

"Alright!" I snap, annoyed at his smart-ass behaviour. "Expect his family."

He barks out a laugh. "You obviously don't want to marry Marco. But you're just keeping up an act because you don't want any trouble for your family if you bad mouth my brother."

Busted.

I open my mouth reject his statement, but I close it because I know it's true.

"Your face says it all and you're not a good liar. You may want to work on that when you talk to the big people in Italy and for the Italian press. Those bastards love drama, especially if it's from my family."

I glare at the younger Donati as I pick up my suitcases. "Thanks for the advice, but trust me, I can take care of myself. Especially, if it's from the press. The Italian press aren't the ones who love the drama. The Greek press tends to be pretty chaotic as well."

Dante opens the car door for me with one of his famous grins. "Leave the suitcases to me, sister. You relax and save your strength. Trust me, you will need it."

Oh, great.

Marco Donati. Just you wait, you will need the strength not me because I will be your worst nightmare.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

somewhere in italy...

He throws down the file, letting all the papers fly on his desk. He lets out a loud sigh as he runs his hands through his dark hair. He read about her again. This had to be about the third or fourth time he read about her. He remembers distinctively meeting her at a dinner when he was about nineteen or twenty. The thing he remembers about her? The blonde hair. It was a pretty unoriginal thing to remember, but he just remembered that most about her. He remembered wanting to run his hands through it them to feel the silkiness.

"Sir, the plane is going to land in about an half-an-hour. Shouldn't you go pick her up?"

A long sigh escapes him. "Right, get my brother to pick her up. I'm busy at the moment." He states, adjusting his tie. He wasn't busy what so ever. But he just needed an excuse not to see her. He didn't want to see her what so ever. In fact, he was tempted to book a flight back to Greece for her. But, he knew his father would kick his ass if here ever did that.

"And if he objects, sir?"

"He won't. If he knows what's good for him."

Mrs Reids nods respectfully and exits his office, silently praying for the young woman who was going be her boss' new wife.

The new Mrs Donati was going to keep here soon and she was definitely going to be a game changer for Marco Donati.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

OOOH! HERE WE GO! THE DRAMA IS ABOUT TO START AND OUR TWO CHARACTERS ARE GOING TO MEET VERY SOON AND CAUSE HELL ON EARTH! WHO'S FUCKING EXCITED?! CAUSE I'M SURE AM!

I planned to write in Ophelia's POV throughout the whole book, which I still am. But I figured to write something on Marco's side (idk if that makes sense) so you can have a sense what's going with him. It will be in third-person cause I don't wanna switch between Ophelia's POV and his POV. So, yeah! :D Not gonna lie, you will have a few chapters going to be like. If you don't like reading in 3rd person then you don't have to read those sections, but it's nice to give a sense on what he is thinking c:

SO NOT ONLY HAVE WE SHOWED A TINY BIT OF MARCO, WE INTRODUCED OUR DARLING DANTE DONATI! EVERYONE SAY "HEEEEEEY" FOR DANTE!!! 

We will be seeing a lot of him ;)

See you in the next chapter!

Have a lovely day or night!

Nat xxx