eleven: mother

eleven: mother

not proof-read!

Rita Marino was everything I did not expect. The woman was perky, elevated and she was not a vindictive bitch or a scorned woman. She seemed pretty excited to meet Marco's "new lover" as the press kindly put it. She didn't want to tear my hair out with perfectly painted scarlet nails. She actually wanted to meet me. This is definitely a first.

Her gorgeous appearance didn't surprise me. Only the best for Marco Donati. You could say that Rita Marino was the epitome of perfection. The woman doesn't have one flaw in her appearance. Her dark olive skin, her raven-dark hair with not even one strand out of place, her defined cheekbones and her sculpted figure. No wonder Marco dated her.

"Um..."

"Well, that is not a good expression." She flinched.

"Uh — well, I'm just shocked. I didn't know that he was close with his exes..."

Rita merely shrugged. "We had something years ago, but now it's over. It's really nothing to freak about."

I guess not all his ex-lovers turned into vindictive bitches...

Rita flashes me a smile. "I came here to bitch slap the bastard for not telling me about his new lover and steal some of Mrs Reid baked goods. Have you tried her cookies? They are to die for!" She apparently found her statement so funny that she burst out into laughter and slaps hardly on the arm whilst clutching her stomach.

It is really hard to believe that Marco slept with this woman.

"Well, Marco isn't here right now. He is at the office right now and I believe he won't be back until the evening. But, I will tell him you stopped by." I smile politely to her. Oh I will definitely tell him she stopped by.

She flashes a big grin before pulling me into a tight hug. My eyes widen in surprise at her sudden actions. "You are soooo nice!" She exclaims happily, gripping my body tighter. My arms awkwardly stay to my side and I let out a nervous laughter.

In all my years, I have never met a woman like this before. It's strange, but kind of refreshing.

Rita pulls away with her million dollar smile still plastered on her red lips. "I hope to see you soon, Ophelia Kokinos." She waves one last time to me before walking out of the room.

Still staring at the empty space that Rita Marino was just standing in, I flatten out my dress that was slightly creased. "I hope so too, Miss Marino." I mummer softly returning back to scrolling through my emails...

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

Mrs Reid had to leave the house because she had some errands to run in town. I desperately wanted to come along with her because staying in the huge Donati mansion was draining the life out of me, however, she said that she had orders from Marco that I had stay in the house.

We've barely known each other for a week and he is already controlling me.

I flip the pages of the book Jane Eyre, reading through Charlotte Brontë's powerful writing. The sun against my skin felt amazing and the occasional breeze didn't make the weather feel too hot. The sky is a perfect shade of blue, it kind of reminded me of Marco's eyes. He has gorgeous eyes, no doubt about that. But he is still an ass.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Ophelia?" I ask myself in a soft whisper, I place a bookmark on the page and then I shut the book, placing it on the glass table.

The butler showed me this garden after he found me playing with one of the sofa pillows in the living room. I'm guessing he felt sorry for me for being trapped in this mansion with nothing to do, so he showed the garden.

He said to me that the garden is nearly never used by Marco as he is always too busy with preparing to be the next CEO. It's shame that he never uses the garden, it's really mesmerising.

I hear a familiar 'ding' coming from my Macbook, notifying me that I have a new email that just came through. Clicking on the email, it read that my mother just sent an email to me.

I felt myself forming a smile. It's been barely a week and I've missed her so much. My mother has always been there for me. She has the kindest soul that I have ever seen and I hope to be like her when I have children of my own.

The email read as:

My dearest daughter,

How are you settling down in Italy? I hear the weather is gorgeous at this time of year. Don't forget to send pictures! We all miss you at home. Everything is so much more quieter when you're not around. Finn does not visit as much anymore because you are not around.

How is Marco? I have seen pictures of him and he is absolutely handsome! I pray that he is treating you well. If he ever hurts you, he will have to feel the wrath of a Greek woman!

The wedding is approaching soon. Have you choose your dress yet? Remember I have many friends that work in the fashion industry, I am certain that they will be more than happy to make you a one-of-a-kind dress!

I remember that you always dreamed to get married. You wanted to wear the white princess dress. You cut out photos from magazines of the wedding you dreamt of. Also you dreamed to marry Finn.

I am sorry that you weren't able to get your happy ending with Finn. But I am sure that Marco will make you happy and you may end up loving him.

I love you so much, my beautiful daughter and your father loves you also.

We will see you very soon.

Mother xxx

The email just made me miss her even more, despite the fact she was trying to convince me that my situation was going to get better and I was finally going to get my happily ever after.

I don't think so. My happy ending was butchered as soon as I got engaged to Marco Donati.

I always thought that Finn was my happily ever after. I thought somehow he would see me more than his best friend. God, I was naive back then. The only love Finn is going to give is a family type of love and that will never change.

"Oh, sister." A familiar voice sings my ear. I jolt in shock, almost dropping the laptop on the hard ground.

"Dante!" I scold, setting my laptop on the glass table. I get up from the outdoor chair and turn to him with my arms crossed, "You can't sneak up on a lady like that."

He grins cheekily. "Sorry."

I inhale audibly, trying to calm my beating heart. "Marco isn't here right now, he's at the office if you want to see him."

"I know."

This made me raise my brows questioningly. "Okay...Then what are you doing here?" I ask.

I have heard that Dante still lives with his parents much to their dismay.

"I am moving in with you and Marco." He states.

Gosh, today is just full of surprises.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

finally i got this new written chapter. i had a bad case of writers block which carried for about three months. i just felt like i couldn't write anymore and if i tried to it would turn horribly.

i think it was just a lot of stuff happened the past few months which causes stress, so i couldn't write as good.

but everything is groovy now and i am glad to get back into writing.

sooooo, rita? can ophelia trust her?

and dante living with marco and ophelia? does that spell trouble or what? xD

also new cover made by me! i am so freaking proud of myself. it just likes pretty and stuff xD

see you in the next chapter!

have a lovely day or night!

nat xxx