nineteen: finn

nineteen: finn

gif of finn 

not proof-read

I am still slightly feverish from last week, but I am recovering and I am well enough to go out, much to Marco's dismay. I was shocked how much he has helped the past week to recover from my fever, he made sure that I ate well and always reminded me to take my medicine and even when he was work he called in to make sure I was feeling well. Even though I am better, he is still making a fuss over me and telling me to stay in bed.

I can't stay in bed today because Finn will be coming to Italy.

"You shouldn't be up. You're still sick." Marco states as I seat myself comfortably on the sofa. I'm grateful that Marco has taken care of me even though he didn't need.

"I'm fine and you don't need to stay here just to look after me. I can handle myself." I say. He narrows his eyes towards me as he scoffs.

Without warning Marco takes one step towards so his face is near mine. My eyes widened at the closeness.

Oh my...

He gently leans his forehead towards mine for a few seconds before retreating. "You are still feverish and you are bright red." And it's not because of my fever...

"Marco, please. I'm fresh as daisy. If I spend another moment wrapped up in bed, I would probably get more than a fever."

He opens his mouth to argue with me, however he couldn't even say one word as the doorbell interrupted him.

My heart quicks suddenly. It might be him. It might be Finn. I still love him with every fibre of my being, but the only problem is that I still haven't told Marco that we are going to be having an unexpected guest. 

"I'll get it." I quickly say before rushing to the front door.

"Ophelia! Get back here!" I hear Marco yelling.

I quickly turn the door knob, which opens the door revealed a grinning Finn.

He still looks handsome.

"Finn." My voice was breathless as I stared at him.

"Ophelia." He says my name with his low husky voice as he smiles at the sight of me.

Do you know that moment when you feel that everything around you is just gone and that one person you love is the only one you see?

Well, I am having that moment.

"Well, you look as hideous as ever." Finn teases with a cheeky grin.

I roll my eyes. "Thanks a lot. But you're not exactly looking like David Gandy right now. Did you even brush your hair?"

He gasps. "I am offended, Miss Kokinos!"

"Man up." I retort with a sly smile.

Finn opens his mouth to respond, but Marco's voice quickly interrupts. "Hello, my name is Marco. I am Ophelia's fiancé and you are?" Marco asks with a tight smile.

Finn smiles back at Marco. "My name is Finn. I am a childhood friend of Ophelia. Nice to meet you."

"How long are you staying in Italy for?" Marco questions politely.

Who was this man? This certainly is not the Marco Donati I know.

"For about a week depending how work is back in Greece." Finn answers

"Do you have somewhere to stay? If you don't then you can always stay here. Hotels are always a bother to book especially at this time."

I silently stand staring at Marco with wide-eyes. He was scarily kind, he is smiling politely and didn't have a nasty little scowl that he always wears.

"If you don't mind." Finn says. He seems to like Marco so far and didn't know that Marco's little kind act is obviously fake. "I'll just go get my things from the car."

Once Finn disappears, Marco pushes me against the wall. His body is crushed into mine, his face was is close to mine that I feel his hot breathe mixing into mine.

"Who is he to you?" He asks, gone was the kind eyes and the polite voice. "Do you have feelings for him?" His voice comes out as a growl.

I chuckle lightly. "Jealous?" I tease.

"Yes."

My eyes widens, I wasn't expecting that answer.

"You know my feelings for you." He states as he face leaned closer to mine.

Unfortunately I do. How could I forget that Marco Donati, the man that goes through blinded affairs and lovers, is in love with me?

Did I return those feelings?

No, which is what made it awkward. I find him attractive and handsome, but I just don't feel the same way as he does.

"Marco I don't-" I was about to tell the truth of my feelings.

He cuts me off by placing a small kiss on my forehead. "I know. I am going to wait until I lay on my death bed." His voice sounds so genuine like he is really going to wait until I confess my so called 'feelings' for him.

His body moves away from mine. "I have to check up on somethings for tonights party."

"Wait, what party?" I ask curiously. I wasn't informed that we are going to have a party today.

"It's my cousin's birthday and we are going to attend the party. Together." He adds.

"Maybe you took a big hit in the head and you have forgotten that the tabloids think I am some gold-digging bitch that's after your companies." I remind him.

"That's where you're wrong, darling. I have announced yesterday that you are my fiancée." He tells me with a smug smile.

I sigh. "And you didn't tell me this because?"

He shrugs. "I was about to, but we are interrupted. Speaking of not telling things, why didn't you tell me that your supposed childhood friend was coming to Italy?" He asks with accusing eyes.

"I was going to tell you this morning, but he came early then expected." I replied. "Look, we need tell each other everything. We need to learn to trust each other because we are going to get married."

I saw something in his eyes, something I couldn't put my hands on. "Understood."

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

haha this time i don't have to write on my phone and i don't have to write at 4:30 in the morning xD i feel like i am winning at life rn...

half-way through writing this my dad comes in (i chill in my parents room cause my room has shit wifi), he shaves then he leaves the room switching off the lights, i lay on the bed for like a minute trying to process what he has done then he comes in and turns on the light saying he forgot i was there?! 

thanks dad...

see you in the next chapter!

have a lovely day or night!

nat xxx