ten: ex-lover

ten: ex-lover

not proof-read!

I hum softly as I scroll down on the trackpad of my Macbook, looking through my emails. Even though I don't have an actual job, being a Greek heiress keeps me busy. A lot of talk-show hosts want me on their show, a number of magazines want an interview and I tend to a number of photoshoots. Being an heiress was a reason why I quit my modelling career, it just took up too much of my time. I can't say I regretted quitting, I only modelled because my mother was one and I looked up to her a lot therefore I became a model.

I bite into my croissant that Mrs Reid bought from the bakery this morning, she said it was one of the best bakery in the whole of Italy and I definitely agree with her.

With a gentle push, my Macbook glides forward on the kitchen counter. I laid my head on the counter carefully, trying not to bang my head. I don't think I have ever been so lonely in my life. I miss everyone back home. I miss my mother calling me pumpkin, I miss Finn smiling at me and making me laugh, hell, I think I miss my father staring down at me.

If my life was going be like this everyday, I was probably going to die.

I want to explore Italy desperately. This country has so much history and not to mention this Italy holds one of the most important fashion cities of the world. Also the food is just amazing! However, Marco is too much of an ass to show me around and Mrs Reid is just so busy all the time so I don't want to bother her.

Would it just kill for some company?

Almost like my wish had been granted, Mrs Reid entered the kitchen, holding a newspaper in her hand. "Miss Kokinos, you may want to read the recent tabloids."

I raised a brow questioningly at the middle-aged woman. "And why is that?" I ask.

Mrs Reid did not reply, she only handed the newspaper that was crinkled from being clutched in her hand for too long. "I cannot read Italian." I state to her.

The only language I am fluent in is: English, Greek and French. I am hopeless at other languages. Sometimes I was embarrassed when my father had clients from all over the world and they brought their sons and daughters along. They had to switch to an English dialect or even worse they switched to a Greek dialect. I could feel them silently judging me.

Mrs Reid only nodded understandingly, taking back the newspaper. "Not to worry, Miss Kokinos. Italian isn't everyones language."

I smile gratefully to her for understanding.

She opened to a page like she already knew which page it was already and she started to read. "Ophelia Kokinos, the only daughter of Anders and Ava Kokinos, was spotted two-days ago dining with Italy's favourite bachelor, Marco Donati. Many eye witnesses saw the two getting very cosy as Marco Donati grabbed onto Ophelia Kokinos' hand. Since the announcement of Lorenzo Donati's retirement and he will be passing on the position of CEO of Donati Empire to Marco Donati, many rumours have spread about Ophelia Kokinos about being his newest lover of the month. A source has said that Miss Kokinos is only with him because of Donati Empire. Is this true? Is the Greek Heiress playing with our very own bachelor of Italy? Or are they madly in love?"

My jaw unhinges. Me after the Donati Empire?! That is the most ridiculous I have ever heard of! Also I can't believe they labelled me as Marco's lover of the month!

"Miss Kokinos, I am afraid that the paparazzi would hound you until you and Mr Donati clear up this rumour." She tells me.

"Does Marco know about this?" I ask.

Mrs Reid stares at me sympathetically. "I am afraid so." She replies.

Marco knew about this. So why didn't he tell me? I only saw him this morning, he could have said something to me about this.

The door bell rings loudly through the kitchen and probably the whole house.

"I'll get the door."

I did not respond. Instead I just sat in silence, staring at the news article. Those damn nosy writers. They do not know anything! Tabloids and articles never used to bother me back in Greece. There was always a section about me like who I was with when I was out or what I was wearing. Nothing too extreme. But now since I am spotted with Marco, I am known as that woman who is rumoured to be his "lover of the month" or I was just a bitch who was after the company.

I am mad definitely. But I am more mad that they haven't announced the engagement yet. It save a lot of trouble about who I was to him. If people just knew about our engagement, then it wouldn't be such a problem.

Now I have paparazzi on my back for God knows how long.

"Marco! Get down here you disgraceful bastard!" I hear a shrill of a voice.

My head snapped to where the voice was coming from.

"I said get down here, you jerk!"

I hear Mrs Reid's rushed voice, trying to calm down the woman, who was screaming Marco's name. "Miss Marino! Mr Donati isn't at home right now! He is overseeing business for his father!"

There was complete silence for a brief second. "Oh, then why didn't tell me that before?" The woman's voice asked accusingly.

Mrs Reid did not answer for a second. "I tried to, but-"

"Is she here then?"

"Who?" Mrs Reid asked, I could just imagine her bewildered face. "Wait! Miss Marina! I don't going in there would be a good idea!"

Suddenly, my ears picked up a pair of heels running into the kitchen. My eyes widened as I saw a woman enter the kitchen, her pouty lips were itched into a excited grin.

"Ciao! It's nice to meet you!" She exclaims gleefully. "Geez, ragazza! You are fucking gorgeous! That son of a bitch always snags the hot girls. If you were a lesbian, I would totally bang you in ever corner of this house!"

I only blink at her, not knowing what to say. "Uh, thank you? Sorry, but who are you?"

"Oh! My name is Rita Marina! I am so happy to finally meet you, Ophelia Kokinos! I saw the pictures of you and Marco on the news today, and I said to myself: 'Oh my God, that shit-face didn't tell me he had a new girl!' So, I decided to come over to his house to slap that idiot for not telling me! But it turns out he is not here! Talk about dumb luck! But, I think I just got lucky again when I met you!"

The woman was rambling on too much. Like way too much. I didn't even know what she was talking about in the first place!

"I don't mean to come off as rude, but how do you know Marco?" I ask her in curiosity.

"Oh, I am his ex."

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

OHHHHH, THE EX MEETS THE NEW GIRL. IS THERE GONNA BE A CAT FIGHT BETWEEN THE TWO? Well let's find out in the next chapter!

This chapter was suppose to be out yesterday, but I was too busy...Nah, Im just bullshitting you. I was pretending to be in a k-pop band for like two hours xD

I finished all my homework for this week, so hopefully I can write a lot more this week! :D

See you in the next chapter!

Have a lovely day or night!

Nat xxx