thirty-four: harsh words

gif of ophelia

not proof-read!

Shock and confusion overwhelmed me as I stared at those photos. The first question I thought was how couldn't have I seen someone taking these photos. Second question, what does Marco mean by explain?

He couldn't have thought that I-

Oh, he did, didn't he?

He thought I was interested in Dante.

But, it nothing more than a friendly hug. But if I was someone else I would have thought that these pictures were something else than friendly hug. What sting slightly is that Marco should know me well enough to know that I will never make a move on Dante.

Dante is like family to me. He is someone I care for.

Marco should know that, but from the scary eyes he was giving me, I'm pretty sure he didn't.

"What is there to explain? It's nothing but a friendly hug, Marco!" I shouted slightly. Today was not the day to deal with anyones crap.

Especially if it was just a misunderstanding.

"You know, you could have just said so in the first place." He said to me. Anger was swimming in his eyes. Wait, he shouldn't be angry. I should be the one angry! "You could have just said that you liked Dante and I wouldn't have kissed you. Also you didn't have to kiss back."

Oh? So now I am pointed as the woman who was double dipping between two brothers? The woman was luring two brothers. God, it sounded like the show that my teen cousin was interested in. What was it called again? Vampire Diaries?

"Why though?" He asked. In his eyes clear anger was shown, but in his voice it sounded...Calm? I honestly didn't know how to describe it, but he wasn't shouting. It was so unlike him. "Why give me false hope?"

Marco laughed bitterly. "Just like Camilla."

Ouch. That hurt a lot. Did he just compare this whole situation with the one that happened to him and Camilla?

This whole 'Ophelia is a slut' thing is getting really tiring now.

"You're right." I whispered quietly. "This is exactly what happened with Camilla. No, in fact I am exactly like Camilla because we both got married to your to someone close with you while I was with you. I soon had an affair with you. I got pregnant from a one-night-stand. I ruined your relationship with your brother. Yes."

Marco's eyes widened. "Ophelia-"

"No! You had your chance speaking now let me speak. I'm so sorry for trying to comfort your brother who was upset. I'm so sorry that I was just trying to be there for your brother." I remarked with heavy sarcasm. "I'm so sorry for being like Camilla."

I swear this week hadn't been my best week.

I can't stay in this  house anymore. I can't stay here without being accused for something. This house holds one of the worst experiences I have ever been through.

And for some reason, this situation felt a lot more painful than the one with Finn.

I turned and walked out. Not only leaving his office, but leaving the damned house.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

I walked for about ten minutes and I already had no idea where I was. I walked out of the house, but I haven't really thought what happened after my exit.

Now, where the hell did I go?

I had no money on me because I didn't bring my purse and I couldn't call anyone because I didn't have my phone with me.

You are such an idiot!

Next time I walked out of the house, I really must think this through.

I bet I had no idea how to get back to the house.

Maybe I should have brought bread and left trails of broken bread pieces behind...

Then again, the birds might of eaten it.

Have a rope attached to me and-

Oh God, no. That sounded like an awful idea. Not only I have forgotten my purse and phone, it seemed like I forgotten my brain too.

I hope your fucking happy, Marco Donati.

God, I almost never swear and here I was swearing. That is what you do to me, Marco. And it's not a good thing.

I really had no idea what I should do. Staying at a hotel is way out of the option, unless I could forward the payment to my father or something.

Damn it, what shall I do?

"Ophelia?"

I spun around and saw Michelle staring at me in utter shock. "Hey, Michelle." I smiled weakly.

"What did he do?" Michelle's face turned angry and her hands formed two fists. "I'm going to kill him."

"What makes you think he did anything?" I asked.

"Because I know my brother too well."

Great answer.

I heard Michelle sigh in annoyance. "What happened?"

I explained to Michelle the events that happened with Marco, which happened only a while ago. She listened without saying anything, but I could tell she was slowly seething and mentally planing her brother's death.

"I can't believe him! Marco is an idiot, he says things without thinking about it first. I will be completely honest with you, Ophelia. Every Donati has a anger problem. It's not just Marco. My father said to me that in high school he had a huge anger problem that once cost him losing my mother once. Dante had a bit of anger problems when he was a child, but he controlled it. When I was in high school, I lashed out on people, but I managed to control my anger with help. Marco, on the other hand, still needs to deal with his. I'm not defending Marco, but I'm merely saying that what he meant was not true. He lets his anger overtook him. He's like a freaking Alpha Male."

I started to understand slightly, but that still didn't justify his actions or words.

"I understand, Michelle. But I can't go back to that house, not yet anyway."

Michelle smiled brightly at me. "Then how about you stay in my house for a few days. I'm sure Marco wouldn't mind. It will be fun!" She grinned.

Michelle may be right. I had no where else to go and I had no intention to go back. Why not? I have known Michelle for some time and she's a fantastic woman.

How bad could it be?

"Alright. I'll stay with you."

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎
ugggh I'm getting a cold which sucks. I hate colds 😑

so on a scale of 1-10 how much marco fuck up? or maybe it wasn't Marco's fault? I would love to hear some of ur guys opinions!

see you in the next chapter!

have lovely day or night!

nat xxx