nine: drop out

nine: drop out

gif of dante

not proof-read!

somewhere in italy

~marco donati pov~

Marco lied a lot. He didn't see anything wrong with lying because it was universal thing. Celebrities lie, politicians lie, homeless people lie. Everyone lies. As a little boy, Marco lied a lot to get what he wanted. He didn't regret those little white lies because they shaped him who he was today. He never regretted one lie and for once in his life, he regretted telling his lie.

"Nice one, Marco. Telling a girl you loved her just to throw her off guard. You should have told you had an infectious disease instead. Well fucking done." He cursed to himself repeatedly.

It certainly wasn't suppose to be this way. He planned to make her fall in love him. Now he was supposedly in love with her and he had to act like it. But he was confident. He was sure he could make her fall in love him despite the little lie he told. It wouldn't change his plans, he just had to woo her and everything would fall into place.

However, Ophelia Kokinos was a stubborn Greek woman. She was also cold-hearted and Marco thought to himself if she was even capable of love. He always felt a cold breeze whenever he was around her. But he was Marco Donati. He was well-known for his charms, he could women to fall for him in a instant. Single or not.

"And that concluded our meeting for today, gentlemen. I am sure my father will be back in the next meeting." He announces.

The older men all stood, one in particular shook Marco's hand. "Well done, Mr. Donati. I am not going to lie, I had my doubts about you. But, I can clearly see that you are more than capable on taking over for your father. You have my full support."

Pride flourishes through Marco. "Thank you, it mean a lot."

Once the man left the meeting room with a curt nod, Marco lets out a sigh of relief, throwing himself on one of the leather chairs. The training was already getting to him, but he knew this was going to be his job soon and he had to get used to it.

"Mr. Donati, your younger brother is here to see you. Shall I send him to your office?" Kathleen asks through the intercom.

Marco mentally rolled his eyes, wondering what could his brother want this time. He already visited Marco yesterday.

"Send him to the meeting room."

He awaited for his brother with little patience. He just wanted to get this over with.

After a few seconds, Dante came through the double doors with huge and stupid grin on his face.

"Brother!" He cries out in excitement, throwing his arms in the air.

Marco raised his brows at his younger brother, he turned his head over to the clock. It was already 10:30am. "Shouldn't you be in a class right now?" He asked. Marco made it his mission to memorise Dante's timetable, so Dante couldn't lie to him when he said he had no classes.

"No." He shook his head with a smile. "I dropped out."

Marco almost choked on his saliva. "You what?!" He roared, standing up with his hands banged onto the glass table.

"I know you are getting ancient now, but come on, brother." He stated in amusement.

He ignored his brother's insulting comment. "Dante, you can't just drop out! You need to finish University for your future!" I shouted. Marco was beyond angry at his brother's sudden choice to just drop out of University. Their parents spent good money on making sure Dante went to the best University in Italy because apparently Dante complained about going to University in America.

Dante rolled his eyes. "Marco, I am twenty-years old. I think I am old enough to make my own choices and realistically, I finished University already."

Marco scowled. "Dropping out during your first-year and then our parents putting you back does not count as finishing University."

His younger brother merely shrugged. "You don't have to go to University to be successful."

"If you want to be a successful Donati, you have to go." He argued.

"But what if I don't want to be successful Donati?" He queried, cocking his head. "Besides, Michelle didn't go to University."

Marco sighed. "Michelle did. She dropped out, but mother and father put her back in."

The sound of his sister's name made him twitch in irritation. It wasn't like they had a broken sibling relationship or anything like that. It was just that the last time they saw each, she tried to suffocate him with a pillow. Ever since then, he hadn't talked to her since.

"Besides, this isn't about Michelle. This is about you."

Dante scoffed, rolling his eyes. "You sound like dad and that is not a compliment."

He frowned at Dante's comment. "I sound nothing like the old man."

"Oh really? 'This isn't about Michelle, this is about you." He mimicked in a deeper tone. "It's something exactly father would say."

Marco ignored him, realising that he forgot what they were talking about originally. "Why are you here anyway?"

"Oh yeah!" Dante exclaimed. "I need to lay low for a while."

"This should be good." He thought sarcastically.

"And why is that exactly? Did you upset another girl?" He teased.

Dante merely grinned. "I think you'll found that's you."

"Just get to the point."

The younger Donati continued to grin, knowing he ticked off his brother. "When I told our parents that I dropped out of University on the phone, they weren't really happy and when I heard them shout, 'We will talk about this when you get home.' I knew it was going to be like World War 3. So I need to crash at your place."

Marco's eyes narrowed at his idiot of a brother. Stay at his place? Yeah, right. "Or maybe you can get a house of your own or go to hotel." He suggested feeling very annoyed at this moment.

"You see, I would have done that. But they froze my bank account."

Marco silently sniggered. He was glad he moved out of the family house when he was nineteen. He couldn't bare the thought if his mother and father froze his bank account.

"Stay at one of your friend's house." He stated as he was about to kick him out.

Dante snorted. "They all live in the dorms with other people. I wouldn't be able to survive there."

"Stay at Michelle's big house."

"Marco, I am not living with Michelle. She will tell on me." He says too Marco like he was some stupid man that didn't know the difference between a square and a triangle.

"Why am I doing this?" He asked to himself.

"Fine," Marco sighs, giving in. "Only for a few weeks though."

Dante flashed a grin, patting Marco's back hardly. "Thanks, bro! See you at home!"

He was definitely going to regret this. 

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

Here go another chapter! I was suppose write this earlier, but school just got in the way. Now that I am back in school, I will be preoccupied a lot with homework and exams coming up. I already have a history exam. I won't promise frequent updates, the best I can do is probably a chapter every two-weeks. Maybe a week. But I will try my best! 

So Marco, Dante and Ophelia in one roof? FUN TIMES! I love Dante so I wouldn't him living me :D

See you in the next chapter!

Have a lovely day or night!

Nat xxx