At the mall with Satsuki

When I woke up Kaoru had already left for work and I stayed with Satsuki and she gave me a hug and I made her a special juice for her immune system.

It consisted of carrots grapes and apples and she sipped at it and I saw her give me a smile and if i wasn't mistaken I could have sworn that I saw three baby teeth growing in.

I kissed Satuski's hair and then heard a loud knock at the door and I checked it and saw that it was none other than Miyaka.

"Akio! Why haven't you been connecting with me on facebook?" She trode in and her eyes landed on Satsuki and she asked,"Are you babysitting?"

I laughed and picked up Satsuki and said,"Satsuki this is you auntie Miyaka. Miyaka this is your neice."

Miyaka's eyes widened and she lifted Satsuki up in the air  and cooed,"Whos' the most precious baby in the whole world? YOU are!"

Satsuki only giggled and gurgled and Miyaka sat down and began to play with her and I got on the couch and only watched them.

I like how easily people just accept that i have a child and that they love her very much. "Hey Akio don't you need to go shopping?"

i nodded. I needed to buy baby clothes for Satsuki since she has already outgrown all the other outfits.

"Let's go together!" She offered and I brought out the diapers, juices, formulas, clean clothes and my wallet and we all went to the mall.

I pushed Satsuki around in the stroller and people often came up to us and confused us for a married couple.

"What a lovely little girl! You both must be so proud!" An old lady cooed and I stammered,"W-w-what?"

She patted my shoulder and left and Miyaka burst out laughing and said,"You should have seen your face!"

I muttered,"i was shocked thats all. I mean you and me?"

We just laughed and another old granny came up to us and asked,"Whats her name?"

Miyaka responded before I did,"Satsuki. Isn't she cute?"

The old lady smiled and said,"A very cute little girl. Tell me how old is she?"

"Almost two years old." I crowed pride settling in.

She smiled and Satsuki held her hand and the old lady asked,"Is she your first child?"

I nodded and she left with a wave and finally we made it to a baby shop but, when I entered I felt really out of place.

Women of all ages were buying clothes for their babies and not a single man in sight and that made me distintly uncomfortable.

Miyaka jumped forward and picked out a very frilly blue dress and asked,"What do you think about this one?"

"I don't know. The material looks scratchy." I said and felt the material myself and yep it was scratchy.

i picked out a creme dress and showed it to Satsuki and asked,"Do you like this one?"

Satsuki smiled and said,"Papa." I sighed and smiled then began picking out different outfits that were loose, pretty and comfortable.

I saw a young woman whisper to miyaka and I listened in,"I'm so envious you have a husband that is actually helping you with your baby. Mine won't lift a finger and whines when I don't iron his shirts before he goes to work."

Miyaka shrugs and said,"He is nice enough. He takes care of Satsuki while I go to work and makes sure she is fed, burped and changed. He really is doing a good job as a father."

I wanted to laugh but, the woman replied,"I can't believe that he would so willingly come here. Tell me miss where did you find him?"

"At a party.Parties always seem to bring people together don't they?"

I nodded silently and satsuki began to cry. I picked her up and rocked her and another woman asked,"Aren't you going to carry her yourself? Won't he get mad if you don't do your share?"

Miyaka shrugged and said,"He loves Satsuki thus this isn't a chore for him. If it was then why have kids. It takes two to make a child so it should take two to raise her. I'm tired ladies and he is attentive to me and to my child. If he needs help i'll give it to him but, right now he's fine."

The ladies were all studying me now and I felt uncomfortable.being stared at and finally I went to the checkout and bought the clothes and Miyaka met up with us and whispered,"To those women your wonder dad."

I chuckled and pushed the stroller forward and again people were crowding around to get a look at our satsuki.

If Kaoru was here I could only wonder what they would say. Well who cares I'm here and he's at work and I ought to be doing a better job as a parent and not as a fussy lover.

We sat down to eat and I picked her up and began to give her juice and I made sure she was burped before putting her back into the stroller and I picked up my chinese food and began to eat.

Miyaka was only watching me,"i don't know if you know this or not but, you make the perfect parent."

i shook my head,"I'm doing what everybody else is doing. i'm not actually a good parent i would say that I am a good enough parent."

She only nodded and began eating herself and a young girl came up to our table and sat down with us.

I glanced at miyaka and recognition dawned on her face and she hugged the young girl and said,"It's good to see you Miri!"

Miri nodded and glanced at me and tilted her head.

She must  wondering who I am.