Kaoru pops in

I smiled and that was when Haru brought us all some warm hot chocolate and my father rocked Satsuki looking old and tired but, I could tell my his face that he felt at ease here.

I heard a polite knock at the door and Miyaka appeared and then she lifted up a box and squealed,"Luz had pups! Look at how cute they are!"

She put the box down looking satisfied with herself and that is when she finally noticed Father holding Satsuki and her eyes widened.

"Uncle Itsuki! I thought you were supposed to be with auntie right now!" She exclaimed and my father grimaced and then said,"She doesn't care if I am there or not. She will only ditch me once she finds her lover at the meeting place. I think that she will leave me soon now that I have cut off all her funds since I found her with one of my business associates."

I stared at my father and felt some pity for him. If Kaoru cheated on me I don't know what I would do but, father looks so calm that it almost seems unreal.

He only sighed and said,"She has to go. I think that it is amazing how she could be with me for the sake of money. Forty years  together and yet she is still here. Well I assume she has had a good amount of lovers while I was married to her but, what do I know? I didn't know her enough to bother asking her why she was with me because I already knew. Miyaka tell me something. Did she cause a scene when she found out I wasn't going to show?"

Miyaka bit her lip and mumbled,"She began to rave like a cow when she found out. I think that her recent lover left her and somebody told her you were with your son."

Father winced and Haru whistled,"Wow. I don't know whats going on but, the atmosphere is too heavy. Why don't we listen to some music while we are here?"

Haru was kind enough to put on some cheery christmas music while the rest of us were under a heavy cloud.

Miyaka continued,"She kept going asking"Son? What son? He didn't get any children from me so how is it that he has a son? DId he adopt a child behind my back because I was barren?"

I turned to father with a cold expression and asked,"You didn't tell her anything?"

My father straightened up and looked around but, his eyes never landed on me as he replied,"I did tell her. She never accepted it and because I rarely talk with her I'm guessing that she forgot."

I nodded but, inside it felt like there was a storm raging inside my chest and I jumped when I heard a whimper come from the box that Miyaka had brought.

We all swarmed the box and we all picked up puppies and the cute animals were adorable and I asked,"What kind of dog is this? They don't look like huskies to me."

Miyaka shyly toyed with her hair and said,"They aren't pureblooded Huskies. Luz met a very hot looking wolf and well they you know got married and had kids."

I wondered why she had phrased it that way and I saw that Miyaka was looking at her with keen eyes and I played along,"Why are you giving the puppies away when they have their mommy and daddy?"

"The puppies mommy and daddys can't take care of them because......................They are very poor and need to go to new homes."

Satsuki nodded and we all sighed in relief that we wouldn't have to go into detail with her and Satsuki asked,"Papa not go away?"

I hugged Satsuki and I said,"Papa isn't going anywhere. I promise that is someone tries to take you away I will protect you wth all my might."

"I can only imagine how that would look like." A warm voice intoned from the door way and I whipped around and Saw Kaoru putting down his scarf on the couch and my heart skipped a beat.

Kaoru plopped down beside me and took the puppy from my grasp and put it back in the box and turned to my father and asked,"Is there a reason why you are here? Are you trying to make Akio marry somebody?"

My father winced at the cold tone Kaoru used and My father replied,"I am not going to marry someone. I just came to see him and to spend some time with my granddaughter."

I took Kaoru's hand and felt him relax and I gave a warm smile like the one he had given me earlier.

I snuggled up to him and whispered,"Where were you? I was worried when I couldn't find you this morning."

He whispered,"I'll tell you later. It is really important that we talk after they leave."

Miyaka thrust a puppy into my arms and Kaoru muttered,"We don't need anymore dogs."

Satsuki reached for a white wolf/husky and gave me a smile and I turned to Kaoru and whispered,"Oh Kaoru why don't we get one? Satsuki likes dogs and we do have a yard."

Kaoru scowled and I could tell that he was set against the idea and I kissed him as if to coax him into agreeing to getting a puppy.

He smiled against my lips and said,"Okay. If he pee's inside the house I'm skinning it alive."

The others were just staring at us a little funny and it took a little while to register that two guys kissing wasn't exactly something that they would see everyday.

Miyaka was only smiling and shaking her head as if to say "Crazy love birds" while Haru and father were staring at us as if they were watching a circus show and an alien pops out of nowhere.

I took Kaoru's hand and Satsuki giggled and said,"This one papa! Daddy this one!"

She showed us the puppy and Kaoru growled and the puppy only wagged its tail at me and I picked it up and said,"okay. What do you want to name him?"

"It's a girl papa! Hina! Hina is her name!" Satsuki cried and Kaoru took my hand and Haru said,"Anyone up for some grub? I'm starving what about you Kaoru? I bet your starving from that long run over here."

Kaoru's smile faded and I noticed that the clothes he was wearing weren't his and were a little red for his tastes and it only made me wonder.

Where did he get the clothes? Why is he wearing them?

I felt a little deflated and I was still thinking about it when Haru served us some beef stew and I realized that I was very hungry so I ate my fill then left the room and dragged Kaoru into our room.

"Kaoru what is going on? " I demanded to know noticing the cold sweat on his skin and his chalk white lips and cold fingers that I held in my hands.

"Can I tell you in a little bit? I can't tell you what going on if they are here. It's important that we are alone when I tell you this."

I tightened my grip on his hands that were shaking and looked him in the eyes and I whispered,"Kaoru tell me what going on this instant or sleep on the floor tonight."

He sighed and then he walked out and plucked Satsuki out of my fathers arms and then clapped his hands and said,"Well it was nice to have you all here thanks you all for joining us and I will walk you all to the door."

My hands went to my face in embarrassment. Why couldn't he just say that we have to talk?

He kicked them all out in record time put Satsuki in her room and I asked,"What is so important that you have to kick everybody out of the house?"

Kaoru swallowed nervously and said,"Well...."

================================================================================

Hope you like the chapter it's short but, I updated it. Rate and comment!

-forbiddenlover