Chapter 13- Uninvited Guest

~Skylar's POV~ 

 "Attention everyone! Skylar has something to tell you guys!"

Shit.

Anna Kendrick had really done it this time. I was getting sick of her surprises. Everyone, actors, extras, and the film crew, were looking at me, waiting for my big announcement. 

I knew that it had to be hard to keep a secret like that, but Anna seriously couldn't wait any longer? Yeah, I knew that that was a perfect time to tell everyone; the entire cast and crew was there. But telling people without Ben? That wasn't fair.

I was faced with a major situation: Tell everyone now without Ben, or wait and pray that Anna doesn't do it for us. Anna didn't leave me much of a choice, since she had gathered the attention of every person within a half-mile radius. 

I sighed. Maybe it was time to just get it over with. Ben would understand. 

"I, um..." I started saying. It was hard to come up with the right words. What kind of person interrupts a movie shoot to tell everyone they're gay? Shouldn't that be in a more casual setting, like a bar?

People were starting to give me weird looks. Just do it! "Okay...everyone...I'm--"

"Skylar!" cried a girl's voice in the distance behind me. 

I recognize that sound. I turned around to see where the familar voice was coming from. The girl, maybe in her mid-twenties like me, was walking toward the ampitheater. I couldn't tell what she looked like from where I was standing; it was night and a shadow covered her face. And then she stepped into the light of the ampitheater.

Oh no, I thought. Not Lauren

Lauren Pritchard ran up to me and gave me a fairly large attack-hug. My Spring Awakening costar and ex-girlfriend had walked right onto our set. 

"Skylar, it is so good to see you!" Lauren shouted. She seemed way more excited to see me than I was to see her. 

But, of course, I played nice. "It is so good to see you too! How has everything been?" 

"Everything has been great! I recorded my second album in L.A. a couple months ago. I just finished my tour last week."

"Oh, wow, you must be tired out."

Lauren shook her head. "No, not really."

That was when I finally realized that the Pitch Perfect cast and crew was still looking at me. Actually, they were looking at me and Lauren now. 

I smiled, trying to make a joke out of the situation. It didn't really work.

"So was that the big surprise?" Adam Devine called from the crowd. "That you have a girlfriend?"

"No, she's not my girlfriend, and--" 

Various chants of "Whoo, go Skylar!" interrupted me. I decided not to bother with it. 

"Okay, everybody take 10 while Skylar and his girlfriend catch up," Jason Moore said through his megaphone, rolling his eyes. 

Lauren pulled me aside to continue our conversation more privately. God, I really wasn't in the mood for this.

"So," I started, "What made you want to come down to Baton Rouge?" She better have a good explanation. 

"Well, after I finished touring, I decided to take some time off. Concerts put in so many hours, you know?"