Chapter 19- Magic

~Skylar's POV~

"I want to tell people today."

My words hung in the air for a moment after I had said them. The old Skylar would have never said anything like that, but he was gone. The new Skylar was here to stay, and I was determined to stick by it. 

Ben's mouth dropped. He was speechless for a second. "Wow, Skylar, absolutely!" Ben threw his arms around me in a big embrace, squeezing me tight. "Oh my God this is amazing!" 

When Ben let go of me, he added, "No offense, but I thought this day would never come."

I laughed. "True. Dramatic, but true."

"Why are you suddenly wanting to come out?" Ben asked.

"I don't know," I said. "I guess I'm just tired of living a lie. I'm tired of my closest friends and family not knowing the real me. And it's horrible that I was keeping our relationship in the dark. I really, really care about you, Ben, and I don't wanna lose you over my inability to accept myself." 

"I'm glad you finally saw it that way," Ben said, putting his hand on my arm.

I just wanted to tell everyone about Ben and I right there; I could've shouted it from the window. I had started to notice that the longer we kept quiet, the more things tried to tear us apart. I mean, that rumor about me and Anna Kendrick dating and Lauren showing up out of nowhere? The world was out to get us!

Call me crazy, but I was pretty sure they were signs telling us to come out. 

I looked down at Ben's hand, which was rubbing my arm lightly. I looked back up at him and smiled. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Getting some coffee because I'm extremely hungover right now?" 

"Well, we can do that too," I said. "But I would prefer if we did this first." I leaned in and kissed Ben, running my hands through his soft and curly hair. 

"Careful with--the hair," Ben said in between kisses. "We have a--big day today."

I drew back from Ben, messing with his hair some more. "It's fine. People won't care about your hair because they'll be amazed by your beautiful voice."

Ben smiled. "I love you." 

~Ben's POV~

To say that the Pitch Perfect set was alive with excitement was a complete understatement. Everyone in the LSU auditorium was buzzing with anticipation, especially the extras in the audience. And they had a good reason to, since they were about to witness the ICCA Finals scene. 

Not only would they get to watch the Treblemakers do another amazing set, but they'd also get to see the Bellas ditch their usual songs for a more badass routine. 

But along with the excitement, there was also sadness in the air; the ICCA Finals shoot was the last for a majority of the cast, including Skylar and I. The only other scene left to shoot after that would be the scene in which Beca gets back to her dorm after being bailed out of jail. 

Skylar and I were both extremely nervous, but for different reasons. Skylar was going to come out, but I had no idea when he was going to do it. For me, I was nervous about singing in front the massive audience. I had sang for the "Since U Been Gone" audition scene, but that was nothing compared to this.

So, to sum it all up, Skylar was coming out of the closet after 25 years, I was going to sing in front of an arena-sized audience, and it was our last day working on the movie. Now that was going out with a bang.