Chapter 10- Paparazzi

~Skylar's POV~

 "I know about you and Ben."

Those words rang in my head for what seemed like an eternity. What was I supposed to say?

A part of me knew that Ben and I couldn't keep this a secret for long, but I didn't know people would find out this early. I almost thought that Ben had told her on purpose, but I scrapped that thought instantly; he wouldn't do that to me. 

Why couldn't I just accept my sexuality? I wanted to so badly. Coming out to Ben was hard enough, and I did that voluntarily

I knew that I couldn't stay deep in thought for long because Anna was starting to wonder why I wasn't answering. My options were these: tell her she's right, play dumb or run away. I figured I could at leat try the second one. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked, giving Anna a confused expression. 

Anna sat back in her chair, folded her arms and grinned, a look that said, "Really?"

"Look, I really don't know what's going on right now," I said, flustered. Anna just sat there with her grinning look. She knew, and she was waiting for me to confirm it, no matter how long it took. I could've just left at that point, but I knew that I couldn't leave her knowing she had that kind of information. What if she told other people?

I sighed. "Can we go somewhere more private?"

~Ben's POV~

As my lazy day continued, I started to get more desperate in my internet searches. Have you ever run out of stuff you wanted to search so you resort to googling random shit? That was me, except I was starting to run out of random shit to look up. 

I had stalked Skylar to the point of being admitted to an asylum. I felt like watching videos of him would pass the time while he was gone; I missed him that much. I know it's only been a couple of hours, but I wanted him. 

Is that what it's like, loving someone? I had never felt that way about anyone who wasn't family. I've had numerous crushes on straight guys whom I secretly wished were gay, but knew that would never happen. It was just playful fun.

Back then I believed that I didn't have time for relatonships. All I focused on was school and getting a job. Sure, I would hang out with friends every now and then, but it was never my main concern. When high school was over, I realized that I had missed out on a lot of fun. 

Pitch Perfect and my relationship with Skylar was my way of catching up. 

At 4 PM, I started getting concerned. I was pretty sure Skylar should've been back by now. The only thing he had to do today was shoot the scene with Anna Kendrick where they talk about movies. How long does it take to shoot a two-minute scene?

I mean, of course they have to do more than just shoot. There's hair and makeup, wardrobe, setting up the scene, etc. That should only take two hours at the most. I decided to text Skylar, asking him where he was. After a half hour of no reply, I called him. I know I sound like some obssessed girlfriend (or boyfriend in this case), but I care about this guy. 

Skylar answered pretty quickly. "Hey Ben, what's up?" He sounded like he was in a rush. 

"What are doing right now? Are you still shooting?"

"No, we got done a little while ago. Some of us decided to go out for coffee after we finished."

Ok then. "Thanks for inviting me..." 

"Oh shit. Ben, I'm so sorry." Skylar sounded like he felt pretty bad. "Do you want me to get you something? We're about to leave."

"No, I'm fine. Just hurry back. I miss you."