Chapter 7- Feelings

~Ben's POV~

Despite the millions of thoughts racing through my head as Skylar kissed me (voluntarily this time), the one thought that really stood out was, "I wish this moment could last forever." Because that's what it was like, kissing Skylar; time just stopped. It was one of those rare occasions where everything was just perfect.

The kiss seemed to last forever. When it ended, I wanted more.  We looked into each other's eyes, both of us unable to make speech. 

I knew that I should say something, so I asked, "How did you know?" Skylar cocked his head a little in a confused way. I clarified. "How did you know that I like you?"

Skylar smiled at this. "I think I always knew. It was just the way you looked at me that said something. It was pretty undeniable."

"Really?" I laughed. "Was I that obvious?"

Skylar looked at his feet, embarrassed. "Yeah, you didn't hide it well." We both laughed.

At that moment, I feared that this was all a dream. How shitty would it be to have a dream like this and then wake up, knowing it never actually happened? But that fear went away when Skaylar sat up, leaning against his pillows, and said this:

"You know, this is the first time I've opened up about...my true feelings."

I sat up too while Skylar continued. "I always thought I was straight. I wanted to believe it so badly. But there was always this thought, this feeling, that said otherwise.  A couple years ago, I finally accepted who I was but still didn't have the courage to come out. I've had little crushes on guys before but they were straight." He looked me right in the eyes. "Ben, you are the first person I've had true feelings for."

~Skylar's POV~

It felt like an enormous weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Ben looked like he was about to cry. A single tear drifted down his adorable face.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. Oh no. What if I freaked him out?

"No," he said, laughing and wiping his face. "It's just tears of joy. I'm so happy right now."

I smiled. "That's good. I was afraid that I scared you."

"Oh, God no," Ben said. "I was attracted to you the second I saw you at auditions. I'm really attracted to you right now."

I leaned in for another kiss and he accepted 100%. I didn't think it was possible, but it was even better than the last kiss. 

Ben pulled away from me and said, "You wanna do something crazy?"

I raised an eyebrow, wondering what he was thinking. "How crazy?"

"Well, it's semi-crazy. Actually it's not crazy at all. I just thought we could go swimming."

I looked at the clock. "At 5 AM?"

"Wouldn't that be fun?" Ben asked. "I mean, we're already awake. Besides..." He put his hand on my shoulder, squeezing lightly. "...we'll have the whole pool to ourselves."

My eyes widened at that idea. "Yes," I agreed. "That would be fun."

~Ben's POV~

I stood next to Skylar right in front of the indoor pool. Skylar and I were the only ones in there. We wore our swimsuits; Skylar's was red with black stripes while mine was yellow with dark blue on the sides. We looked at each other, smiled, took each other's hands...

....and jumped.

Suddenly I was surrounded by water. It was the perfect temperature: not freezing, but not warm enough to question someone if they just went. Skylar and I came back up for air simultaneously, laughing at what we were doing. 

There was a moment of silence before our lips met again. Yes, I thought. It's a good thing that I'm losing track of how many times we've kissed. We slowly went underwater mid-kiss. It was a true Kodak moment. 

We came back up and Skylar cornered me against the wall of the pool. He put his hands on the wall, making sure I wouldn't go anywhere. I liked that. All of this was done while making out. 

Just as I was about to untie the knots on both of our swimsuits, a man came in. Totally surprised and scared out of our minds, we shot away from each other. The man, one of the janitors at the hotel, gave us a funny look. 

The man said, "Lo que ustedes están haciendo, no lo quiero saber." Then he walked out. 

"What did he say?" Skylar asked. 

"I think he said 'Whatever you guys are doing, I don't wanna know'".

Skylar and I burst out laughing. It lasted for quite some time. We laughed so loud, I wouldn't be surprised if we woke some hotel guests up.

When the laughter faded, we knew it was time to leave the pool. It finally dawned on us that we were exhausted. Just as the sun was rising, we fell asleep in each other's arms.

We never did finish that movie.

To be continued... ;)