Chapter 5- Since U Been Gone

~Skylar's POV~

"Ben, are you ok?" I asked, wondering why Ben was being so quiet. 

We were driving to LSU to shoot the "Since U Been Gone" audition scene for Pitch Perfect. Ben was not being his usual happy-go-lucky self. He hadn't spoken a lot this morning so I knew something was wrong. Whatever it was, Ben was not doing a good job of hiding it.

He looked over at me from the passenger seat of the car and said, "What? Yeah, I'm fine." 

"Ok. I was just wondering if something was wrong. You seem lost."

"No, I'm just nervous," Ben said, looking at his feet, a small smirk emerging from his face. 

"Nervous? What is it now?"

"I can act in front of people just fine now. It's the singing part that worries me."

"What about boot camp?" I asked. "You sang your solo from "Magic" in front of everyone."

"I know, there's just something different about this, about today in general."

I rolled my eyes. Ben was being dramatic, as usual. I'm sure this little mood of his would blow over once he got in front of the camera. "You'll be fine," I told him. "I've seen you perform; you've got nothing to worry about."

~Ben's POV~

Nothing to worry about? If only Skylar knew.

Although I was nervous about singing, I was still freaked out by last night's incident. My lips had touched Skylar's! He didn't even bring it up this morning; he was too distracted by his massive hangover.

As far as I know, he didn't even remember it. I mean, he passed out right after it happened. And yet, a part of me was still trying to find out if he knew.  Not being able to take it any longer, I said this:

"So, you got pretty drunk last night."

Skylar smiled in an embarrassed/proud way. "Yeah, I don't think I've ever been so hammored in my life," he laughed.

"Do you remember anything?"

"I remember everything up until the round of shots I ordered. After that I was out."

I breathed a small sigh of relief. Good news: he didn't know about the kiss. Bad news: I had to live with it. 

~Skylar's POV~

We arrived at the soundstage at LSU on time, like always. All four a capella groups from Barden University were there. Anna Camp and Brittany Snow, representing the Bellas, were in the front row, getting a pep talk from Jason Moore. 

I laughed at this; if anyone needed a pep talk, it was the people who had to sing, not the ones sitting in the audience. 

We started shooting takes with Ester Dean, who nailed the high notes on "Since U Been Gone" with ease. Then we went to Rebel Wilson, who shot a lot of takes. She was coming up with hilarious lines and gestures throughout her routine. 

"Oh there's no backup dancers? Ok." Rebel then went on to demonstrate her mad mermaid dancing and half-split skills, all of which I hope will be in the film. 

After a couple more actors went through their "auditions", it was finally my turn. A producer escorted me onstage and put me in a specific spot. Jason Moore asked me if I was ready and I gave him a thumbs-up. 

"Action!"

~Ben's POV~

Ah, Skylar's singing, the most beautiful sound on earth. What was it about his voice that made me feel like I was on another wavelength? 

His singing activated numerous emotions. Sadness when he sings, "I guess you never felt that way," and happiness when he says, "I can breath for the first time." And don't even get me started on the tight t-shirt he was wearing...

Before I could fully immerse myself in his voice, it was over. Everybody in the room applauded Skylar. I couldn't fathom how lucky I was to have met this guy. He was so perfect for the role.

Skylar exited the stage, his face red with excitement. His forehead was a little shiny from sweat. This did not make me any less attracted to him. 

"That was amazing!" I said, Skylar getting more embarrassed. "That is one hell of a voice you have."

Skylar looked at the floor, smiling. "You think so? I feel like I didn't do so good."

"What?! Are you kidding me? You were awesome!"

Skylar thanked me and we sat back down in the auditorium seats. Just then, Adam Devine approached us. He also complemented Skylar and said, "That was a pretty good performance for someone who was stupid-drunk the night before. Are you guys gonna go out with us again tonight?"

Skylar laughed that irresistible laugh. "No way man, I'm not touching a drink for a long time. I'm still hungover from last night."

"Well, have fun with that," Adam said. "See you guys later."

~Skylar's POV~

As Adam walked away, I couldn't help but try and remember last night. The cast showed up at a bar, we had some drinks, and then I ordered shots. And then after that....I have no idea. 

After last night, I'll be staying in for a while. There must've been something in those shots because they gave me the most bizarre dreams. There was one that I remember specifically; it felt so real.

In the dream, I was making out with someone. It was pretty hot, but it lasted for only a couple seconds. I tried remembering who it was in the dream. And then it hit me:

It was Ben. 

To be continued... ;)