Chapter 2- Roommates

~Skylar's POV~

I read the text over and over again. How could such a short and simple message require so much processing? It was like a dream that I was terrified of waking up from. I wanted someone to pinch me.

I suddenly realized that I had been doing this for 15 minutes, just pacing around with excitement, trying to take it all in.  Who should I call first? My family? My friends? People HAD to know about this!

That night I had dinner with my parents to celebrate. They took me to one of the fanciest French restaurants around. They couldn't of been happier for me and my mom was on the verge of tears. 

"What's the matter Mom?" I asked. "You never cried this much when I got the part in Spring Awakening."

"I k-know," she said through sobs. "It's j-just that this is going to open you up to a whole n-new audience. My son is going to be f-famous."

I had never thought of it that way. Spring Awakening opened me up to all of the theater nuts on New York. But there were a lot more movie fans than Broadway fans. Would I be able to handle that kind of exposure?

My dad finally stepped in. "What your mother is trying to say is that we are very proud of you. Just make sure you don't let it all go to your head. You know those Hollywood-types. They'll eat you alive."

~One week later~

The Los Angeles International Airport was buzzing with foot traffic. It was friday, one of the airport's busiest days, with fast-moving people packed together tightly. For some reason, I felt like such a bigshot walking through the terminal. How many other people were on their way to a movie shoot? Probably not a lot.

Being around the large groups of people reminded me of all of those pictures of A-list celebrities surrounded by paparazzi. Would that be me after the next couple of months? Granted, I do get flagged down by a die-hard Rent fan every now and then, but they ususally come in ones and twos. 

I made it up to the front desk and gave the woman my ticket information and all that good flying stuff.

"Baton Rouge, Louisiana, one-way."

After I got my ticket, I went through all of airport security and made it through just fine (I was selected for a pat-down though, which was really awkward). When I boarded the plane and sat down in my seat, I realized something: this was it, the start of an amazing adventure.

A couple days earlier I had had a meeting with director Jason Moore to go over contracts and scheduling. I made sure to thank him a lot for giving me the part, wondering how he could have possibly picked me.

"You're a natural, Skylar," he told me. "You're funny, you can sing, there's just something about you that screams Jesse. Plus, we also got a letter of recommendation."

What did that mean? Who would've been able to contact Jason to recommend me AND know who I was? But before I could ask, the meeting was over. I decided to just forget and be thankful that I was picked.

Jason also gave me a list of my fellow costars in the movie and which characters they played. Anna Kendrick from the Twilight movies was in the lead role (and the girl that my character falls for). 

When I read who would play Benji, I felt even better than before. It was Ben! Since we had no problem talking at auditions, I was sure we would play great friends in the film. 

This was the beginning of my amazing adventure. I put in my headphones, turned my music on, and drifted to sleep as I ascended into the clouds. 

~Ben's POV~ 

The cast and crew of Pitch Pefect filed into Swine Palace, a building on the Louisiana State University campus. LSU is our filming location, and Swine Palace is the auditorium where the Barden Bellas practice in the movie. The filmmakers had put together this little social, a chance for everyone working on the film to mingle and get to know eachother. 

Almost everyone was present except Skylar, who had called saying he got stuck in traffic. That was okay, I could wait. There where still a number of cute guys to stare at, like Michael Viruet, who plays Unicycle. 

My fellow Treblemakers were not as mean as their characters. Adam Devine was really nice and had a great sense of humor. Judging from the people in the cast, the next couple of months would be very hilarious, especially when I got to talking with Rebel Wilson. Just as I was getting into a conversation with Rebel, Skylar walked in.

Everyone turned to him. Faces lit up, greetings were given, as if everyone already knew him. 

"Skylar, hey!" I shouted from across the room. "What's up Jesse Swanson?"

"Oh I'm pretty good, just getting ready to MAKE A MOVIE."

It was easy to tell that Skylar was excited. He radiated energy.  God, why did he have to be so cute?

The social went well. I got to meet my fellow cast members and couldn't wait to begin shooting. Afterwards, the cast and crew (myself included) drove to the Holiday Inn where we would be staying for for the next couple of months. I checked into my room on the third floor and set my bags down. It was your standard hotel room: a bathroom, bed, table with a swivel chair, tv, etc. I layed down on the bed and let out a sigh of relief. 

Here I was on the set of my first Hollywood movie. And not only do I get to sing and act, but I get to sing and act with Skylar Astin! I couldn't ask for anything better! It was ten o' clock and it had felt like a long day. I started drifting off into sleep when I was roused by a knock at the door. I slowly got up from the bed and stretched a little.

Housekeeping didn't work at this hour, did they? I looked though the eyehole and my heart skipped a beat when I saw who it was. 

I opened the door. "Hey Skylar! Is there something you need?"

He was holding all of his bags. "Actually, this is my room. Don't you remember Jason saying we'd have roommates?" 

What. Skylar Astin is my roomamate???

"Oh yeah," I said, suddenly remembering that Jason HAD said that. "Well come on in."

Skylar entered the room and set his bags down next to mine. That's when we both noticed that there was only one bed.

"Huh," Skylar said. "I guess we'll be sharing the same bed."

"Yeah," I replied, speechless at how lucky I was. 

"If you're not using the bathroom, I'm gonna take a shower," said Skylar.

"Can I join you?" is what I wanted to say, but instead I just said, "Go ahead."

Skylar entered the bathroom and closed the door, leaving me to bask in my own disbelief. Skylar Astin, sharing the same room as me. Sharing the same BED with me. Steam began to rise from the bottom of the bathroom door.

Yes, this was going to be an interesting couple of months.

To be continued... ;)