Chapter 14- Awkward

A/N: I apologize for this chapter being kind of short and dumb. The next one will be better, I promise. I had a ton of fun writing Ben and Lauren's dialogue, though. ;) 

~Skylar's POV~ 

It had felt like an eternity since the last time I slept in. It was Sunday, the only official day the Pitch Perfect cast and crew had off. I didn't have to wake up early and, believe it or not, I wasn't woken up by someone knocking on the door for once. 

I looked down to see Ben resting his head on my shoulder. His soft breathing was in a perfect rhythm. I leaned by his head and took in a whiff of his strawberry-scented hair. The hotel shampoo wasn't bad. 

If Lauren wasn't in the room across the hall from us, everything would be just right. I was starting to notice a pattern: Once one issue was resolved (Anna Kendrick finding out about me and Ben, for example), a new one would surface instantly (Lauren showing up). 

Ben had suspected that Lauren was here to get me back, and I wasn't surprised about it. Ever since I met her in Spring Awakening, she always wanted something that wasn't quite her's. I didn't know how long Lauren would be staying at the hotel, but I hoped that her check-out time was soon. 

As I fell back asleep, I wiped away any thoughts about Lauren from my mind, not wanting her to plague my dreams. Ben and I slept for about 2 more hours. A lot of shit happened in the last week, and we needed a break. 

Ben woke up at the same time I did. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey," Ben said. "Has Jason Moore barked at our door yet?"

"Not yet," I answered, smiling back. "We better get some 'boyfriend' stuff out of the way in case he comes." Ben laughed and kissed me. I don't know how many times Ben and I have kissed, but I know I'll never get tired of it. 

Ben got out of the bed first. "I'm gonna take a shower," he said. Ben stopped and looked back at me. He grinned. "You can join me if you'd like."

"I might have to take you up on that offer," I said, trying to get up. I was very comfortable in the bed. 

Ben walked to the bathroom. I didn't hear the sound of the water being turned on. Instead, I heard Ben say, "Oh, looks like we already have plans. Postpone that shower."

"Why?" I asked, annoyed. 

Ben walked back to the bed, holding a white card with some writing on it. "Lauren set up reservations for Sunday brunch. All three of us."

Dammit. She must've slipped the card under the door. Ben started laughing, probably because of how pissed I looked. 

I groaned and put the the covers over my head. 

~Ben's POV~ 

Skylar and I arrived at the restaurant that Lauren made reservations for at 10 AM, just like the card had told us. There were multiple buffet areas and the food looked good. For a psychopath, Lauren knew how to pick a nice place. 

We scanned the area, looking for Lauren. The card said she would already be there. Suddenly, Lauren stood up among the crowded tables, waving for us to come over. She looked downright excited, as if this was the best moment of her life. 

As we walked to her table, I whispered to Skylar, "Make sure to cover your drink. She might put something in it."

"Shut up," Skylar whispered back. "Let's just get this over with so then--" we got to her table "--Lauren, hi! What a great place you found!"

Lauren hugged Skylar and shook my hand. She was wearing a black skirt and a red shirt that showed a little too much cleavage. Pitiful. 

We all sat down. I'm pretty sure we were the youngest people in the restaurant; I'll never know why old people like buffets so much.