Chapter 6- The Breakfast Club

~Skylar's POV~

The alarm woke me up at 12:00 AM. Yes, you read that right, 12:00 AM. I slammed my hand on the snooze button.

Tonight we would begin shooting the Riff-Off scene from Pitch Perfect. Nobody that I knew was really excited for it. I mean, who wants to shoot a scene in the middle of the night? My only hope was that we'd complete the whole scene tonight so we wouldn't have to stay up so late again.

I leaned over and looked at Ben, who was still asleep on his side of the bed. "Ben," I said. "Time to get up." Ben shifted a little, mumbling a complaint under his breath. 

It wasn't very often that I was the one waking Ben up. Usually he was up and ready to go an hour before the alarm went off. Tonight was different; he didn't want to be up this late either. Why Jason Moore wanted to shoot the Riff-Off so early in the morning was beyond me. 

Maybe I could just rest my eyes I bit longer, I thought. The alarm will go off again in ten minutes. 

Knock knock knock. Someone was at the door. No more sleep for me, I guess.

I got up from the bed, stumbling a little. The person at the door knocked again. "Coming," I said with an annoyed tone. I looked through the eyeglass on the door to see who it was.

Jason Moore was standing outside, a clipboard in one hand, and a stack of keycards in the other. I opened the door. He looked surprised to see me.

"You're the first person who answered the door," he said. "I've had to come into people's rooms to wake them up." He gestured to the keycards. 

What he was doing made sense; it'd be a shame if some of the actors slept in (like Ben and I had almost done). Jason was making sure everyone was awake to shoot. 

"When does the shooting start again?" I asked. "Being awake at this hour makes me forget everything."

Jason checked his watch. "You have about and hour-and-a-half. See you there." He walked down the hall, knocking on more doors.

~Ben's POV~

When Skylar came back from the door, I was already awake. A part of me was hoping I'd fall back asleep so Skylar would have to wake me up. Maybe just a poke on the shoulder, anything that would make him touch me. 

I decided to fake-snore. It didn't work.

"Ben, get up. I'm serious," Skylar said from across the room.

Damn, I'll have to try next time. 

Skylar and I began getting ready (slowly). We both weren't in the mood for filming. I could only hope it would be over fast.

~Skylar's POV~

When Ben and I arrived at the giant, empty pool near LSU, almost everyone in the cast was there. I couldn't even count the number of extras that were milling about. I climbed down into the pool with everyone else, leaving Ben to find his own spot.

I felt bad that his character didn't get to join in with the Riff-Off fun. I told myself that his time would come when we got to shooting the ICCA Finals scene. 

Suddenly I remembered the dream, the one where I made out with Ben. What was up with that? I decided right then and there that it was stupid to worry about it. I shouldn't let a figment of my imagination affect my opinions of the people around me. 

I walked over to my fellow Treblemakers. They had become great friends of mine, the cast. We got along so well that on-screen chemistry was never a problem. They were my bros. 

Jason Moore talked through his megaphone, telling everyone to take their places. It was time to shoot.

It was a harder scene to shoot than I thought. Not only did we have to time our singing to the recordings we had made, but we also had to be in the right positions for each song. It was a lot of moving parts at one time. In between takes, I looked over at Ben, who was sitting on the edge of the pool. I could tell he wanted to be singing with us. 

~Ben's POV~

It was a little hard to concentrate on the Riff-Off with that weird smell coming from the pool. During table reads, Jason Moore told us that the Riff-Off would be one of the coolest scenes in Pitch Perfect. That was hard to believe since the pool we were in was one of the dirtiest things I'd ever seen. I'm sure the magic of Photoshop could help that before the film went to theaters.

As the Riff-Off went on, I was once again hypnotized by Skylar's singing. When he cut off Alexis Knapp (the one that plays Stacie) and started singing "Feels Like The First Time", I had to compose myself. I couldn't wait to sing with him for the Trebles Finals scene. 

Then Anna Kendrick cut Skylar off and started rapping "No Diggity". Anna, I thought, I love you and you sound great, but nobody gets to cut Skykar off.

Somehow, we filmed the entire Riff-Off. It was 4:30 AM when Jason Moore told us to go home. 

On our way back to the hotel, Skylar said, "Crap, Jason wanted me to watch The Breakfast Club for this scene I'm doing with Anna."

I gave him a confused look.

"You see," Skylar clarified, "Jesse is obssessed with movies and he's especially passionate about that one. Jason wanted me to watch it so I'd have a better understanding."

I nodded my head. "That makes sense."

"We're filming the scene later today and I still haven't seen it." Skylar sounded worried. "Since I'm wide awake, I might as well watch it when we get back. You can watch it too if you want."

This got my attention. A chance to watch a movie with Skylar? Hell yes. "Sure," I answered, trying to sound cool (I didn't). 

In the hotel room, Skylar set up a laptop on the bed and popped Jason Moore's copy of The Breakfast Club in. I sat next to Skylar, our shoulders close to touching. I had seen this movie before, but this was probably the best viewing since it was with Skylar.

About forty minutes into the movie, Skylar paused it. 

"Ben," he said. "Can we talk about something?"

I sat up. "Yeah, what's wrong?"

"Nothing...it's just...I've been having these thoughts, these...feelings. I've been having them for a while."

"Thoughts?" What was he talking about?

"I never wanted to believe these thoughts but..." He looked me in the eye. "...but I think I can finally accept them."

"Skylar, what are you talking abou-" But I couldn't finish what I was going to say...

...because Skylar was kissing me.

To be continued... ;)