Chapter 23

Madison POV
Me and Amber were at the park today since all the guys were hanging out. "I bet I can swing higher than you." I said to Amber. "Nuh uh!" She said laughing. I looked up and saw Hayes holding hands with some girl. He told me he was with Nash. I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes. "A-Amber. Whos that with Hayes?" I asked pointing over to them. "That looks like his ex-girlfriend Stacy." Amber said. Stacy was always jealous of me and Hayes and she cheated on him four times with his friends. "He told me he was with Nash!" I yelled. Then I saw them kiss. I jumped off of the swing I was in and stomped over to Hayes. I was crying really hard now. "You told me you were with Nash!" I yelled at Hayes. "Madison! Its not what it looks like!" Hayes said trying to touch me. "Dont touch me! And what it looks like is that your cheating on me with this skank!" I yelled. "What did you just call me!?" Stacy yelled. "A skank! Do you need a hearing aid!?" I yelled. "Im done Hayes! Were over!" I yelled running over to Amber. "Madison wait!"
Hayes POV
"Im done Hayes! Were over!" Madison yelled. I cant believe that I just screwed everything up. But I didnt kiss Stacy. She kissed me, but Madison would never believe me. "Madison wait!" I yelled running after her. I grabbed her arm and turned her around. I was crying really hard right now. "What do you want?" She asked yanking her arm out of my hand. "Madison. I didnt kiss her. She kissed me. I promise." I said as tears rolled down my face. "Sure she did Hayes! Everything we have been through together. Down the drain because of you! Just leave me alone." She said and walked away.
Madison POV
When I got home i ran straight up to my room. I got in my bed and cried and cried. I look on my night stand and there was a picture of me and Hayes. I was kissing him on the cheeck. I picked it up and threw it arcross my room, making me cry even harder. I looked out my window and saw Hayes sitting on his bed crying with his head in his hands. His head shot up and he looked at me and I quickly closed my curtains. I just realized that my dream that I had on the plane, had just come true and Hayes told me that it would never happen. I cant believe that he would do this to me. I layed back down and cried myself to sleep.

I woke up to my phone ringing. I saw Ambers face on the screen. "Hello?" I answered. "Hey. Wanna go get ice cream or somethin?" Amber asked. "Yeah sure. See you in a little while." I said and hung up. I dragged myself out of bed and went over to my dresser. I put on some sweat pants and a tye dye t-shirt. I didnt feel like gettin cute because I felt like crap. I then realized that I was wearing Hayes pants. I started to cry and put on different ones. I didnt put any makeup on and threw my hair is a messy bun. I put socks on and my slides. By the time I was done, Amber was here. "Woah. What happened to you?" Amber asked. "Well hey to you too." I said walking down stairs. "Sorry, but why are you wearing that?" She asked. "Hayes." I said tearing up. "Girl. Who needs him?" She asked. Me! I need him! "Me." I said looking down. We drove to the ice cream place. I sat down while Amber ordered. Amber walked over with our ice cream. I just got plain strawberry. Suddenly a man came in with a black mask over his face. "Give me the money and nobody gets hurt!" The guy yelled at the cashier. "Im sorry, but I cant do that." The cashier said. The guy pulled out a gun and shot the cashier and two other people. Then I heard another gun shot and everything went black.

Hayes POV
I was sitting one the couch watching tv when my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered. "Hayes! Come to hospital now! Madison got shot!" Amber yelled through the phone. Nonono this cant be happening. "What! No!" I yelled and then the line went dead. "Cameron! Nash! We have to go to the hospital!" I yelled. "What? Why?" They asked. "Madisons been shot!" I yelled and ran outside, getting in my car. When Nash and Cam got in, i drove to the hospital. "Can we see Madison Craven please?" I asked the lady at the desk. "Im sorry, but no. She in surgery." The lady said. I had tears running down my face. "Leta sit down." Nash said grabbing my wrist.

*3 hours later*
"Madison Craven?" A nurse asked making me jump up. "How is she?" I asked. "The surgery went well. You can see her now." The nurse said leading us to her room. I went over to her and knelt down beside her bed and grabbed her hand and started crying. I guess what they say is true. You never really know how much you love someone until something happens to them.
---------
Biiiggg cliff hanger just for you guys. After this book, i decided that im going to make a second one just because i like this one so much❤