Elijah's love

Because I was requested to give a glimpse into how Eli met, and fell for, His Precious Shina... Here you go all you lucky readers!
--------

The first time I saw her, I had thought her insane. I had watched as she spent hours wandering the town, her shoulders shaking with her sobs as she hid her face behindr long, black hair. At first I had simply felt barely curious enough to trail behind her for a while, wondering what she was doing, where she was going. But then she had turned around unexpectedly, her hair shifting to the side.

What I saw had stolen my breath away, the tears shimmering as they ran down from her sorrowful eyes, her lips a dark, tender red from being bitten into far too many times. She was perfect in her broken splendor, like a divine being cast down to earth. How was it she had been left all alone like this? Didn't anyone else realize how much such a precious being needed to be kept safe from the world?

I couldn't stop myself from following her for the rest of the day. I fairly enjoyed the time I got to spend protecting her from those that might try to take advantage of her. It was truly amazing how many different ways there were to stop someone, all without having to dirty ones hands by killing them.

After all, I didn't want to give her a reason to dislike me. She could be sensitive to such things.

--------

Over the course of the following days, I found myself falling for her more and more, almost desperate to make her mine. But I had to be patient, to wait for the right time, the right place. I couldn't afford to make any mistakes. She couldn't be aware of me, not yet. I needed to finish preparing everything for her arrival.

She was easily more than worth the effort. After all, she was very Precious to me.

--------

My heart clenched as I heard her broken sobs coming from the darkened alley. Walking towards the entrance, I saw her leaning heavily against a wall. Taking in the sight of her bloody hands I called out to her, concerned at the pain she must be feeling. I rushed towards her as she began sliding slowly down to the ground.

"Leon... Where are you?" I heard her whisper, just before loosing consciousness. Whoever he was, he didn't deserve her concern. In all the time I had been following, not once had I seen this Leon she had been searching for.

Leaning down, I lifted her into my arms, beginning the long journey homeward. I would show her how someone so precious was supposed to be treated.

--------

I had been right. She was definitely worth every moment I had worked to capture her heart. And I would be more than happy to do it all over again if I had to, all for My Precious Shina.