Chapter Eighteen

I winced as I slowly climbed out of bed the next morning, feeling the newest bruises and bites protest painfully at my movement. But not nearly as much as the small cuts on my back spelling out Leon's name.

--------

Several days had passed before I finally managed to get Leon to sit down and listen to me. I could hear the trembling in my voice as I explained what I had done that day. Although he seemed to understand my reasoning, I knew I would have to work hard to earn back his trust. But I would work as hard and as long as I had to.

I loved Leon too much to just give up on our relationship.

--------

When exams came near, I sat quietly reading. I no longer complained when Leon was too busy to give me the attention I craved. Although, when it was something I could help him with, I put every effort into assisting him. Most of the time, I just stayed back, quietly supporting him. After all, I understood that his education was important to him.

Just like mine used to be for me, before I realized how much more important Leon was to me.

--------

It had taken weeks of patience, of waiting quietly in the background while he studied hard for each of his subjects. And each day my longing for his attention became harder to keep to myself. I was sure he knew it too, likely considering it as a continuation of my punishment. After all, just because I had a good reason to get out, doesn't mean I should have tried to keep it hidden from him. He was write about that.

How could I expect him to trust me if I wasn't honest with him.....

--------

Exams had finally come and gone, summer break finally approaching, Leon passing all his classes with top grades. He even brought home a cake to celebrate with me. I hoped this was a sign of him forgiving me. If I didn't get to spend real, quality time with him soon, I think I would loose my mind.

Maybe I could convince him to watch a movie with me. We had a good time with the last movie we watched together.

--------

I'd spent all morning getting ready; cleaning the room, changing the sheets on the bed, dusting what little furniture there was, even hanging a few crystals that Leon had brought home for her before the trouble started. After making the room as nice as I could, I grabbed a towel and washcloth, heading over to the corner to clean myself with the basin of water Leon had provided for my use.

Not even an hour later I heard the chains rattle as the lock was opened, Leon walking through the door.

"Shina, I'm ho-" He almost stumbled as he came to a quick stop, his mouth dropping open.

"Welcome home, Leon. I was hoping you would agree to watching a movie with me?" I asked him, patting the seat beside me as I sat in front of the tv with my bare legs curled beneath me. I could see him slowly trail his eyes from my hair to my feet, pausing when he saw one of his shirts barely concealing me from his view.

"Screw the movie." The growl in his voice made my stomach tighten. "I'd much rather give my attention to you, Shina. Maybe it's time for me to forgive you... And I know just how to show you how much you're forgiven...."

I couldn't take my eyes off him as he prowled his way towards me. I suddenly felt like a mouse, happily waiting for the cat to pounce.