Chapter Twelve

"My sweet Shina," I gently touched her shoulder. "I have a surprise for you. But you have to promise me something first."

"Ok, Leon! What do I need to promise?" Shina's eyes lit up at my words. She was still so innocent, so precious.

"Promise me you will never leave me, Shina. You have to stay with me no matter what. Can you promise me that?" I stared into her eyes, awaiting her answer as my stomach clenched from nervousness. What if she refused? What if she didn't want to stay with me? I needed her so desperately in my life. Please Shina, please say you'll stay with me...

"Why would I leave?" She asked me, tilting her head to the side in confusion. "I love you. How could I leave you alone? You're everything to me, Leon. I promise, I will never leave you. No matter what happens, I will never leave your side!" I could feel my heartbeat speed up at her words, the knot in my stomach vanishing.

"I love you, my Shina! I love you so much! Tomorrow, I want to take you on a date, just you and me. Like we used to do! Would you like that Shina? I'll take you anywhere you want, just tell me where," I told her.

"A date? Anywhere? Really?" She questioned, her eyes wide.

"Anywhere, my love."

--------

I have to admit, I never expected her to choose something like this for our date. Not that I was unhappy with her choice, just surprised. She wasn't the kind of girl to usually enjoy stuff like this, but I guess time had changed her. I had changed her. But she was still my perfect, sweet Shina and I loved her just as much as before. More in fact!

I felt her arms wrap around my own, her head resting on my shoulder as we sat side by side in the dark theater, waiting for the movie to start. Perhaps I would have to set up a tv and dvd player for us in Shina's home, if this is the kind of experience I would get to have watching movies with my beloved. Or would she only act like this at theaters? Well, she could use more distractions at home anyhow. It was getting hard to find more books she would like that she hadn't already read before.

As the lights dimmed, I felt her give my arm a squeeze and leaned over to press my lips against the top of her head. I do so hope she enjoys the choice of movies.

--------

"Thank you for taking me out on a date, Leon. I had fun." Such a cute blush on her cheeks as she said those words. Ahh, if I got to see such a sight every time I took her out, I would have to start taking her on dates again every chance I got. Leaning forward, I brought my lips to hers in a gentle kiss.

"I would be happy to take you out again if you would like. Perhaps next weekend? We could go to the park and look at the stars together." Another kiss, this one a bit longer than the first.

"I would love that! Please!" She looked up at me, her eyes filled with joy.

"Then consider it a date." I whispered before bringing our lips together one more time, the kiss hungry and demanding on both sides.

Such a sweet love we shared. And I had protect that love. Hmm, I should go empty the traps tomorrow.