Katniss and Peeta's future

Chapter one:

I sat on the sofa motionless staring at the television which had capitol weekly on. "And here is the lovely Katniss Everdeen walking around in the hob holding hands with Peeta, and constantly smiling at each other. Do you think the star crossed lovers from district twelve will finally get married? Stay tuned!" I sighed as a few last pictures of me and Peeta holding hands disappeared. "Hey Katniss, what are you watching?" Peeta sits next to me. "Just news." I say turning the tv off. I didn't want Peeta to find out about the rumors yet, I'm not ready to get married yet. I hate the capitol, even though the hunger games are never coming back I still hate them for all the stupid rumors. Peeta put his arms around me and kissed my temple. "What did you see, you're pale." Peeta says looking at my face. Should I tell him? I guess I will have to. "The capitol wants us to get married, or at least thinks we are." I say. Peeta pauses for a moment and then gulps down hard. "And you're disappointed about it?" Peeta asks. "Well I just hate rumors." I say. "Okay, well get ready the capitol is expecting us at their party." Peeta gets up and goes in his bedroom. I totally forgot about the party! Its not like I wanted to go but I didn't have a choice. Annie, her son Fin, Haymitch, Effie, and my prep team were going to be there I can't disappoint them. I got up off the couch and went in my room. I put on a sleeveless blue dress and blue shoes. I put my hair in a bun and sort off did my make up since I sucked at it. When I got out of the room Peeta was already ready and stood up. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded and he smiled as we went outside. I went in the car and drifted off to sleep. When I woke up we were already in the capitol. Peeta opened the door for me and we stepped out. "Hello darling!" Effie shouted and ran to hug me. "Ready for your suprise sweetheart?" Haymitch asked. "What surprise." I ask. "Oh nothing you will find out later." Peeta said.

I kept wondering what my surprise was the whole evening I didn't have time to enjoy myself. I just ate food (a lot of it) and just walked around. I really didn't do much at the party and I got so bored I kept counting the minuets to see when we were going to leave. "Hey, Katniss?" I heard a hushed voice behind me. "Yeah?" I asked and turned around. It was Annie. "Mind if I sit with you?" She says. "Of course." I smile politely and watch her sit down. "Where's Fin?" I ask. "Oh I left him with a baby sitter, I don't think I should have brought Fin. He is three and very hyper." Annie says. I nod. After a while it was time to leave and I still did not get my surprise. What was it? I fiddled with my fingers and looked at Peeta. Peeta made me sit down on a chair. "What are you doing?" I ask. Peeta just smiles. "Katniss, I have been wanting to ask you this for the past five years." He said kneeling down on one knee. This was my surprise!!?? Him proposing? I was not ready! Or am I? I do love Peeta. "I know you might say no but I love you Katniss and I want you to be mine. I love all your flaws and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Peeta took out a small black box and then I put my hands over my mouth. Everyone smiled and awed. "Will you marry me, will you be my mockingjay?"