Book of breathings

The Jurian situation was to be seen to by Rhysand and Feyre who were heading to the prison to see the bone carver. I'd have gone with them had I not been told that I might "anger the bone carver" whatever that meant.

I insisted that Cassian fly me to the townhouse after my morning training with Azriel. The latter had offered to take me but I graciously denied; by gracious I mean I told him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

As we waited in the sitting room for Rhysand and Feyre, Mor kept sneaking glances over at me, obviously curious as to my sudden interest in playing a part in this upcoming war. I wasn't interested in anything other than bringing my mother back, making all right again. And by finding out how Jurian is to be resurrected, I could surely do the same.

"Amren's right," Rhysand drawled. "You are like dogs, waiting for me to come home. Maybe I should buy treats. Cassian have a vulgar gesture, I sent the most hateful look I could muster. I would not be piled in with this group, especially not be compared to a dog.

Azriel was lingering by the window, brooding of course over the fact I didn't want him to fly me down from the house of wind. I don't know how he couldn't shake the fact I didn't want to be his mate.

"How'd it go?" Mor said, straightening in her seat beside Cassian. No gown today—just practical black pants and a thick blue sweater.
"The bone carver," Rhysand said, "is a busybody gossip who likes to pry into other people's business far too much."
Who is Rhysand to judge at that? I'd imagine it's boring in that prison.
"But?" Cassian demanded.
"But," Rhysand said "he can also be helpful, when he chooses. And it seems we need to start doing what we do best,"

Rhysand told us of the cauldron, the reason behind the temple pillagings, to no shortage of our swearing and questions. Azriel emerged from his wreathing shadows to challenge me at asking the most questions, I'm sure he'd done so just to irritate me.

The information that struck me the most was that the half of the book of breathings was in the summer court. To which everybody turned to me, asking if I had any idea as 'that's the court I was in' my lies were catching up to me.

They came up with the plan to use the book to nullify the cauldron, two missions, aqquire the book of breathings and then go to Hybern where the cauldron was. The only way I'd leave the night court territory and risk Ziven would be to go to the cauldron for my mother, so I'd join the latter mission.

They had questioned if I'd go to the summer court but I refused. They didn't argue which I was glad for. My reasoning being I didn't know the summer court well at all, yes I'd skulked about a little in shadow but not enough to prove I was from there, they'd find out I lied and it would cause more trouble than it's worth. The second being I'd only risk leaving the night court territory once, there was no chance of Ziven being in Hybern, no one from Prythian had much to do with Hybern save for Amarantha's reign and they were all in hiding.

They spoke of Feyre's abilities and decided it would be Feyre, Rhysand and Amren who would head to the summer court, to meet with Tarquin and attempt at either asking him for the book, or stealing it. I told them they should go for the latter, cut out the middle man as people would be suspicious as to why they're asking.

I didn't want anything putting a wedge in my plans at resurrecting my mother, I could likely use the book to do it.

~~
Weeks went by, I'd heard of Feyre's visit to the weaver, and the plans against Hybern continued to flourish. My training with Azriel was about complete, I had complete control over my shadows now I just had to perfect my form. He didn't shy away from my shadow form as others did, no one was overseeing this training either.

It felt rather vulnerable, showing him this monstrous form inside of me. Demonic.

Not a flicker of fear or change on his face, and he'd granted me the mercy of having it be just us training there too. Maybe he wasn't all that bad..

He'd had me perfect controlling shifting into that form, so that the next time I reached an uncontrollable level of anger, I'd be able to keep the shadow form at bay if I wished. 'Save me from being torn to ribbons' he'd joked. At least he'd made light of it, he really wasn't scared of me.

After more days and weeks of fully perfecting my shadows, he'd suggested that I train in combat, in case my powers ever fail me. I refused, I didn't want to spend any more time with him than I needed to, save him tricking me into accepting him as a mate.

I couldn't afford any of this with a war upon us, and the resurrection of my mother on my mind, which I was going to spend my now completely free time planning.