There are no other cities in the night court territory.

The forest fell silent as it drew near, the birds stopped singing, the sound of the river that I'd set up not too far from quieting and the air felt as though it had become thicker.

The Suriel was here and taking the bait of the cloak I'd laid out. I needed answers and I needed them now.

"Ziláa shadowsinger" I hear the Suriel purr from behind me, I turn to look at that skeletal hollow face.

"That's not my last name?" I question almost annoyed but he remains silent, not going to give an answer obviously

"So you'd like to know where in all of Prythian you're safe from them." The Suriel begins. He of course knew what I was here for, if I knew everything from my spying and skulking around then the Suriel was knowledge itself.

"Yes, I'd rather not be running from Ziven the rest of my life." I curtly respond, eager to know so that I can head there immediately. My pack would only last a few more days so I'd need to winnow there fast.

"They can track through your winnowing, that's how they found you." His fingers clack together, a wide smile crossing his face as he lets slip that piece on information.

I cannot hide the shock from my face as I respond in disbelief "track me through- winnow- how?" He doesn't respond, the same wide smile still coating his face as he says "the city in the night court."

"The hewn city?" I begin to question "I'll be safe from Ziven there?!" I'd heard of the hewn city, ruled over by the high lord Rhysand who lived on a palace atop of it. The city itself run by Keir and his darkbringers. Their reputation proceeded them, I shudder at the thought, they were probably worse than Ziven- my thoughts are cut short as the Suriel corrects me.

"There is another, up past the mountains." His voice flows, smooth as silk.

I look down at my hands trying to remember if my mother ever mentioned another city in the night court territory when I was learning the history of Prythian. No, there weren't.

"But there are no other cities in the nigjt court territor-" I look up but he's gone, vanished. I was a bit annoyed, I had more to ask him. Better he was gone than I ended up dead I suppose, actually no. That probably would solve all my problems.

If the Suriel wasn't as old as the courts themselves I'd never believe the fact that there was another city in the night court, though, a feeling deep within me told me it was true...

~~
My pack would last me 3 days. I prayed that was enough for me to reach the night court or a nearby village in which I could pick up some supplies since I now knew Ziven was tracking me through winnowing. A horrible inconvenience.

I trekked on through the woods, only travelling at night to avoid being caught at all risks, sleeping up atop the highest tree I could find during the day. I hadn't seen much, I'd managed to avoid some naga I'd seen nearby by changing my course to go through the autumn court rather than the summer court - where I'd been hoping to take some ripe fruit from trees so that I wouldn't have to enter a village and potentially be caught. Autum was also more of a risk when it came to the high lord of the court and his sons but better than becoming a 3 course meal for the disgusting snake-like creatures.

Whilst walking through the autumn wood it was difficult to keep my shadows contained, they were mostly running out of control at the high emotions of anger I now felt at the autumn colours reminding me of Lucien.

I wonder if the Suriel felt like I had the last time I saw Lucien when encountering fae. If he felt like a monster as they backed away with the same wariness. I hate it.

The hours were long and dragging on, I hadn't even risked turning to travel through my shadows as that would attract more attention than they already probably were...and i wasn't entirely sure I'd be able to control them right now at my heightened emotions.

The power I could feel brewing inside me from the darkness was a constant reminder that if there was some way for me to control it, I wouldn't have to run from Ziven in fear. The more time that passed, the more my fear was becoming cold, icy hatred. I was definitely beginning to feel like my father's daughter.

A few days passed and I was beginning to near the border of the winter court, relief washed over me. I wouldn't be found by Ziven whilst passing through the winter court, I knew it well and that's the last place he'd assume I was. Right under his nose.

My food supplies had run out a day ago, just water keeping me going today. I hoped I could make it to one of the winter villages in time. I could feel myself weakening as more time went on.

I continued down the path I'd been on for days, the leaves crunching beneath my feet with each step I take. I look down at all their colours, if I never saw the autumn colour palette again it'd be too soon...

I take a few steps watching them until a pair of boots are blocking my path. I slowly look up to see a pair of amber eyes meet mine. Fear creeps it's way back up my spine and I back up a step.