Sharp exit

"Ohhh Lucien." Ianthe moaned stalking towards him fluttering her eyelashes. Sickening.

Lucien stirred, waking up from his deep slumber.

Were they...sleeping together? My heart gave a sharp pang in return. The hurt bubbled up from my chest to my throat where it sat in a lump.

I felt myself lose control of the shadows as they cast around the room.

"Ianthe no." Lucien spoke finally

"You're only saying that now, come on Lucien I know you want me" she was trying to be seductive.

He was rejecting her advances, physically recoiling away from her.

She'd gone in to try and touch him in his sleep...

I couldn't hold it in.

The rage consumed me

I solidified my shadow form and burst darkness throughout the room.

I heard nothing, Ianthe's scream fell on silent ears and I came to as Lucien was cowering in front of me, Ianthe had fled and he had his back to me.

I came to after a few minutes, realising what I'd done, and fled as Tamlin came bursting through the door.

I travelled swifter as a solid shadow, twisting and winding through the spring court woods up to the autumn border, leaving trails of smoky shadow behind me.

I flew through the border and immediately left solid form and was no more than a shadow

I flew through the border and immediately left solid form and was no more than a shadow. If being caught by any court was a death sentence - or worse being a woman. Autumn court was one of them.

I discarded my pack with my empty bottles of faerie wine inside as I left shadow form before the winter court border. Travelling lighter would mean I could be swifter in returning to the manor.

I work through the wards fast and burst through into the familiar snowy forest that I know so well. Tamlin had to have issued a warning to spring court now. They must have thought I was there to attack Lucien...I wasn't though.