chapter 38

3 MONTHS LATER

Amara

I look at everyone and they're looking at each other. My product is about to take off in the engineering world and team. Our partners discuss their agreements , whispering to each other. I look at my father and Joshua. Joshua gives me a big smile with thumbs up not caring that we're in a business meeting. While my father on the other hand just nods and be serious.

"Miss Jones , we've discussed and come on terms that we are ready to make a deal . We see the vision here, also how you stated about the popularity of your company is high and how trusted its products . We think it we should take the chance to explore more . And marvelous presentation by the way , quite convincing."

"Thank you so much Mr Toman , I look forward to working with you and your engineers."

I shake hands with their team .

"We're glad we'll be your first clients of your first ever electric appliance. Thank you , have a day ."

After they leave me and my team cheer and Joshua comes to hug me.

"You finally did it." I nod hugging him again .

My dad comes to us and we awkwardly pull away .
He looks at us before smiling.

"You stop hugging because....?"

We laugh as we hug each other into one . My father only does this when he's proud .

....

"Joshua , you've been texting, is it Brenda?"

"No." He answers dryly and I stop to look at him .

"Are you ok , Joshua.?" He looks at me and sighs.

"It's nothing, we'll talk later  . Now go give them your speech." He says and smiles but I know that's not his smile. I go to the workers and they all gather together.

"Hey everyone. I just want to start of by saying you guys have been a great team to work with...

....I also want to thank my partner in crime here , Joshua . Today's presentation was really amazing. It helped us alot ...."

...

I look at Joshua after I'm done with my speech to the workers. I walk to him .

"Brother , are you really ok."

"I-"

He gets a message on his phone and looks at me with a scared look. He takes my hand and we go stand in a corner.

"I have to say this before you hear it from him . I just want you to know I'm extremely really sorry Amara , but I had to . Dad was counting on me and you also . Everyone was , but then something messy happened and I just...I just -"

"Josh breathe , just breathe. " I say looking at him calmly trying to calm him down. After he's down he looks at me.

"Just tell me , slowly."

"Ok , you want to know why the presentation of today is better and the best you said you've ever seen?"

"Yeah , it was really good . You did a -"

"No , not me ."

I look at him shocked .

"What do you mean not you?"

"The week I had to get the presentation ready was the week that Brenda's brother called me for a family gathering. I thought it was going to be just for a day , but it was a week. He took my computer and I couldn't say no , you know why. So I had to give someone the job , and that person couldn't be a worker or Roy . So I had to call him and ask if he knows any and he said he can do it and we'll , that's what came out of it. "

"Who's he ? "

"I had no choice, I couldn't let you lose this deal . I could've asked you but you already had a lot to prepare for and I already promised you. So I agreed but under one condition, that he becomes an employee for presentations and IT with little money , I said yes. I thought I was smart but he made me sign a contract that my lawyer made and I signed it . "

"Josh , who's he?" I look at Joshua and everyone around us is also looking at the same direction as him , I look behind me to find him.

Him. Staring at me . I feel my heart racing as he walks to us.

"Joshua, what did you do?" I ask him softly with no energy .

"That." He answers as I feel like I'm dreaming seeing him here.