chapter 3

Adriano

It's been over two weeks since I've started at JONES HOMES , everything is well except for the CCO, who's been making me work non-stop as if he hired me, I mean even miss Amara doesn't treat me like he does. He literally doesn't care about anyone and this week he fired about five employees for whatever the reason is. Everyone is scared of him , but for some reason I'm not. Probably because I do my job very well , not to brag though.

I look at the time and see that it's break , wow cool. I pack my things well before I head to the cafeteria.

I look around and there is still people giving me looks. Ever since I started working here , people have been looking at me as if I did some shitty crime. I asked Penny , the receptionist as to why everyone is always giving me looks , and apparently it's because I'm the first PA of my age to last for 2 weeks. And they think I got the job by doing something with miss Amara and that's why I'm still available, it's probably why Mr Jones hates me , because of the rumours. I wonder what miss Amara would do if she were to find out what they think about her .

"Hi can I have one milk coffee and a chocolate glazed donut."

I smile at the barista and pay him but he doesn't smile back. I just take my orders and walk back to my office.

I get in the elevator and find I guy ,or should I say business man. Wow he smells nice I gotta say.

The minute I get to section 35 he also gets out , maybe he's a business partner . I have to admit though I like his outfit , a polo shirt tucked in the Ralph Lauren Black pants. I walk to office 7 and he's following me.

I'm very curious as to where he's heading, I've never seen him before. A few minutes later I realise that he's heading to miss Amara's office . Wow , of course he's going there .

I enter my office and find an email from miss Amara at 12:35, shit I was still at lunch. It reads that I should come to her office. I quickly get up and walk to her office.

I knock once and get in , but my eyes widen at the sight before me. Miss Amara and the guy pull away from their mouth fucking situation and I just stand there . The guy is looking at me with a death stare .

"I'm sorry ma'am. " I say and quickly close the door and run to my office. I take a deep breath and try to distract myself with work . I check the recent emails and it's from Penny letting me know that a parcel has arrived for miss Amara, well that can be busy for now.

The minute I get to the receptionist, there's people talking in groups as if they're gossiping.

"Hi." I say and look at Penny and she looks up. She smiles when she sees that it's me and hands me the parcel. Me and penny are actually good friends now , she's the only one that I talk to here without getting looks .

"So what's everyone gossiping about."

" Hi to you too. Well everyone's talking about Mr Lancaster 's arrival. I'm sure you've met him he's wearing an expensive outfit. Anyway we're all obsessed with him he's like a walking star. But it's sad that he belongs to miss Amara. I mean they're literally the hottest couple ."

"But why is everyone gushing over him?"

"Are you seriously asking such a dumb question, look he's rich , classy and elegant. He's also tall, below thirty and he's handsome as fuck. So obviously all of us will want him , and we know we don't stand a chance because he's literally addicted to miss Amara. Oh and my god his name , ROY " she says his name with a dreamy smile and she giggles to herself. God , thank god I didn't fuck her.

I sigh and nod. "Anyway have a nice day." I say but she's still lost in Roy's world , god some women are crazy.

...

I look at miss Amara's office and I would be lying if I say I'm not scared to bits . I literally just didn't respect her privacy , but this time I made sure to knock until someone answers.

I knock about three times until a guy's voice tells me to come in

I open the door and miss Amara is working on her table while the guy is massaging her shoulders.

"Uhmm, ma'am a parcel came for you." I say and she points at the coffee table and I go put it there. I try to leave but Roy stops me.

"What's your name?"

I turn and look at him , he still looks pissed.

"Uhmm, sir it's Adriano."

"Adriano , I don't like the fact that you didn't respect your boss' privacy. So , apologize."

What the fuck does this Rome or whoever he is thinks he is to ask me to do that .

"You're not going to do it, you know I can take away your job just by the snap of my fingers." He says while snapping his fingers .

"Roy , please don't." Miss Amara says pleading with Roy.

"No Amara, he does not have a right to just walk into your office whenever he likes. "He looks me ."so are you going to or not?"

"I'm sorry ma'am." I say feeling defeated.

"Ma'am who ?" He asks and I feel like punching his face right now. What a complete dick . Why's he treating me like a fucking child. If I could right now I'd cut his dick off .

"Roy please leave it."

He ignores miss Amara and just looks at me waiting.

"I'm sorry ma'am Amara, I shouldn't have entered your office without your permission, and Mr Roy I'm sorry to you too for the disruption." I say and bow my head , I hope he's happy now .

"I'll take your leave now." I say and leave to my office. So this is how they treat us , because we're smaller and inferior to them.