chapter 6

Amara

"Amara , I love your progress so far. I think this product will be a very excellent choice as the company's first debut furniture. They've always known us for designing homes , but we'll show them something new from the company ." My dad says and I smile . We're in a meeting and I was showing them my design sketch for the kitchen cabinet. Today I was just introducing the design and later I will have to give then the final product , including the shades and all kinds of staff. We'll be partnering with the Lancaster Inc as they're very experienced in this particular service or probably because my dad wanted to.

I make a mistake by looking at the back of the table , because now I'm looking at Adriano . I'm scared to look at him so I quickly look at my laptop. We haven't spoken today , the minute he arrived there was a meeting that we were supposed to attend, and after it was over it was break and immediately after break this meeting took place and so we never had a chance to talk .

"Ok , Amara thank you . We have many more meetings to attend so have a good day everyone." My dad commands and we all stand up .

Immediately after we leave the office, Roy approaches me.

"Wow Amara, that was great. I knew you were capable of mastering this project."

"Yeah thank you Roy."

"So, uhmm, I was thinking that we could celebrate over dinner, just the two of us." Roy suggests and I look behind to see if there's anyone eavesdropping and of course I see Adriano. He's looking at Roy and clenching his jaw, he turns to look at me and indicates that I should say no by shaking his head . I ask him why with my eyes and he just shakes his head , and he mouths 'just don't .' and I nod even though I think it's weird.

"Roy , I can't ." I say and Roy gives me a weird look.

"Why not. "

"Uhmm, I have to think about this product and don't you think it's too early to celebrate.?"

"I'm only going to accept the no because I know you love your job , and I want to give you everything you love ." Roy says and I turn to look at Adriano who is looking at Roy with a death stare , and I can't help but feel my stomach fluttering again .

"Yeah , but thanks for the offer though."

"Anytime." I turn to look at Adriano and he gives me two thumps up.

Me and Roy continue to talk about work.

...

I look at Adriano who's waiting impatiently for me to finish speaking with my brother.

"Ok that's it for now , I'll send you the files when I'm done." Joshua says and I nod quickly , just wanting to get rid of him so I can be left alone with Adriano. Joshua leaves through the door connecting our offices .

I quickly go and lock both my door and the door connecting to Joshua's office.

After I'm done I just stand there awkwardly and I look at Adriano who is approaching me.

"I didn't notice that there was a door in your office, I mean it sounds a bit dangerous and lacks absolutely no privacy."

"Well, i don't have anything to hide so... Anyway let's not talk about that. You wanted me to say no to Roy, why?"

"Do you want me to explain or demonstrate."

God , I'm so nervous. I feel like a freaking teenager.

"Whichever works for you." I say trying to sound like I don't care about anything.

He walks up closer to me and I don't move away . He grabs my waist to him and now we're facing each other. He's looking at my lips and I know he's going to kiss me soon ,but...

"Adriano we can't . " I say pushing him away but it feels like I didn't even do anything.

"Why, is it because of your boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend, ok that day he kissed me all of a sudden and you immediately came in, and I wasn't even kissing him back."

"Then why,"

"Because it's against-"

"Oh for fuck's sake. Can you just forget about the employee employer shit for a while, and I know it's going to cost me if we were to get caught , but I can't stop this feeling and I need to feed into it . And it's only for you Amara. Please, don't you feel the same way?"

"I do but..." I look at his eyes and he's already looking at mine . I smile knowing he's won.

"Ok but , no one will find out about this . No one , not even your friends or your family. I can't afford to degrade my family or my reputation by everyone knowing how I'm involved with my PA. It's going to ruin everything and the company, a lot is going to be at risk, promise me you won't say a word."

"Of course Amara, I promise . I know you have a lot to lose , so don't worry. " I nod and he gently rubs his big hand at the side of my neck and I feel my stomach fluttering worse than before. I don't wait any longer and crash my lips against his. He grips my neck deepening the kiss, wow he doesn't waste time.

His hands starts caressing my waist and they're slowly going down to my ass, usually when someone would do this to I would slap them , but with Adriano I can't seem to forbid anything. He grabs my ass in his big hands and he wraps my leg around his hip and I wrap the other one , giving into his desires. Our tongues are fighting against each other as if there's no tomorrow, but I don't care because... Oh shit , what the fuck is that , I start to get nervous when I realise that it's his dick, or should I say hard rock dick . I don't know what to do because I've never felt a dick before and right now it's touching my ass.

We pull back from our kiss to try and catch our breath . We look at each other and he smiles , god his smile . I notice his little vampire teeth and I smile. He puts me down and I find myself missing his hold already.

"I'm going to leave but we still have a lot to do." He says with a smirk and I just nod like a little girl.

He stops at the door and turns to me with a smile.

"You're a good taste miss Jones." He says before leaving and I just stand there hot and miserable and shocked. He never called me that before.