chapter 35

Adriano

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life : it goes on. I know there's absolutely nothing that I can do to fix what I broken on my own . But I still have faith in us , even though she summoned me to not call her , I am not going to . But I know in the future I will make it up to her , just not now.

"Adriano, the answer to B please." My teacher asks snapping me out of my thoughts. I look at the board and I don't know anything. I can feel everyone 's eyes on me and everything is just overwhelming so I pack my bag and walk out the class.

I ran to the bathroom and get in the toilet and immediately break down silently.

....

I look up at the ceiling and just keep looking at it. It's become my new favourite spot.

"Are you even listening?"

I turn to look at Romeo and sigh.

"I'm sorry , I was just wondering about some stuff."

I can see Romeo coming towards me and laying on my bed.

"When are going to let her go from your mind.?"

"Who said I was thinking about her?"

"What were you you thinking about then?"

I turn my head to him and look up again .

"About my studies. About how behind I am and we're going to be writing soon and I'm busy wasting my time on something that doesn't exist anymore. I'm wasting my time on regrets. I was thinking about what I actually want to do with my life. After my last talk with her , I've realised how insecure I can get , but I'm not even trying to fix my insecurities. Some I can't change , but there's a lot that I can do to give me intelligence, confidence and a strong mentality or more."

I look at Romeo, but he's just looking up . I don't know why he isn't saying anything.

"Romeo?"

"I have been getting the same thoughts. I just don't know how to even start. I feel bad for my parents, the people that care about me and mostly me. "

Romeo says and we look at each other before looking up again.

"I want to change. But I'm going to need my best friend to be with me along this journey. I don't want any of us to leave each other behind. If we ever are to be successful in the future, I want it to be together. What do you say."

I say raising my hand and Romeo smiles as we do our friendship hand shake.

....

"Are you enjoying dinner, Adri?"

Càmille asks , I nod and continue eating . Things have been tense between me and my family. I feel embarrassed everytime we're in the same area, so I just don't look at them. I feel like they're judging me with the way they look at me, especially Cámille. I feel like she's disappointed.

"Son, eat. " My dad manages to say after all , That's all he can talk to me about.

"Ok that's enough. Adriano look at us." My dad commands and I slowly look at them.

"Why are you acting so hostile towards us?" Càmille asks and look at all of them . I can see my eyes becoming blurry.

"If you think we're disappointed, we are Adriano. But we're also not judging you , at least I'm not one to . This is the moment where we should be talking, giving you some advice. Not ignoring each other like nothing happened. You hear me son, don't ever belittle yourself infront of us. Not when you have parents like us." My dad says the last part jokingly and we all laugh. I missed talking like this with them.

"Do you want to talk about it?" My mom asks and I shake my head.

"Let's just say it was the smoothest break up I've ever had." I say and they laugh.

"I've realised that she doesn't come around often?"

"Oh , I've spoken to her about how I think she should lay it low until you're back again or when you talk to her." My mom says and I smile.