chapter 24

Adriano

It's been a day . School has got to be banned , because I can't do this anymore.

I'm lying down so I might as well just just sleep. I open my eyes when I hear a knock.

My dad comes in and gives me a small smile.

"Hi son."

I sit up and look at him. Weird , he rarely comes to my room.

"Hey dad . What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to catch up . So , how are things going with her?"

"Uh, great . Yeah we're doing well , thanks for asking."

"I hope you're being careful though ."

"Don't worry dad , I'm not like you . No offence."

My dad laughs and shakes his head.

"I also wanted to talk about the article. Son, I hope you know how risky this situation of yours is. I don't want our family to be in crisis of the Lancaster's . They're not good people when provoked."

"How do you know? Just say you don't want me to be with Amara and stop beating around the bush ."

"Son , you know I don't mind any of your relationships. But this one is not what you need right now. It could ruin your life. I've met Mr Lancaster once or twice. He'll always make sure he gets what he wants. Do you remember that classmate you told me about in highschool?"

"The one where his home for demolished?"

"Yeah , do you know why his home was ruined .?"

My dad asks and I shake my head. I still don't know what happened other than it was a scary situation. The way his mother cried and his father just stood there crying too. The place soon was a small mall .

"His dad spoke against Mr Luke Lancaster, and that comment was a humiliation for their family. He then decided that he is never one to take humiliation, so he contacted all kinds of lawyers and spoke to the landlord. He soon got what he wanted and he took away someone's home and later sold the land. So , if he can do all this because of a small comment, can you imagine what he can do for his son. "

And with that he leaves .

...

Amara

"Joshua please, you're the one in charge of the invitations."

"So , Amara you can't possibly be asking me to invite your little boyfriend to a party where our family is going to be present , even your friends."

"Wrong , I don't have friends anymore . Only Suna . I don't want you to invite them."

"Amara , what would everyone say ?"

"I don't care what people say , I don't want to see them . Just make sure you invite Adriano, make an excuse that he's your friend or something. "

"Fine . I'm going to have to talk to Brenda though . Goodnight."

"Night."

My brother leaves and I call Adriano.

After a few rings he finally picks up.

"Hey."

"Hi, were you sleeping.?"

"Yeah , but I think I overslept. I've got some work to do. How are you?"

"I'm fine , my brother is having this new-home welcoming party and I thought it'd be great to see you. You've been very busy with school work and I hardly see you , so I thought maybe we can use this opportunity to see each other."

"Wait, you want me to come to a party where your dad and Roy are going to attend?"

"Yeah , but don't worry . My brother will be your friend for the day . Is there anything you're good at."

There's silence on the other and I start to get worried.

"Adriano-"

"I'm thinking, probably computers. I'm quite good at it I'd say."

"Cool , then that's enough reason . Thank you for not minding me inviting you before asking."

"I want to see you too. Bye , I've got a lot to do , bye. I love you ."

"I love you , bye."