chapter 25

Adriano

I look at the house in front of me and I honestly feel like I don't belong here and I know I don't. I give the security guard my invitation and he lets me in.

I look around and I see familiar faces .

"Hey ."

I turn around and see a Chinese girl smiling at me.

"Hi , you are?"

"Oh sorry. How rude of me. I'm Suna , I'm sure you remember me."

"Oh yeah , Adriano. I'm sure you remember me."

"Oh I could never forget. But have fun."

Weird .

I walk to the bar and sir down . This is so boring. Where's Amara.

"You made it ."

Roy , I recognise the voice.

"Roy is it?"

"What on earth are you doing here ? "

"Why don't you ask the owner of the party. Please just get away from me dude , I'm not in the mood."

He scoffs and I look at him.

"Joshua doesn't hang around people like you . No one in this room hangs around people like you . So what are y-"

"Roy , I hope you've met my new friend here."

Well, Joshua to the rescue. I turn to look at Joshua who's coming towards us.

"Yeah , he's been bugging me about being a guest here, talk to him please. "

I say and look away. Where is she.

"What is he doing here Josh."

"Relax Roy. He helped me fix my computer that was needed for an important meeting. I was just offering a little gratitude ."

"Is that all. Because I don't want our meet-ups to include him. "

"Yes bro , that's all. Let's go talk now."

"Wait , hey . Do you really know how to fix computers?"

Roy asks me and I look at Joshua before I nod.

"Ok , I might have a computer problem. We'll talk later."

They walk away and mierda . Things just got worse. I'm not even sure when was the last time I touched a computer.

...

Amara

"Dad, you called for me. "

"Yeah, I wanted to tell you something."

"Ok make it quick because I have to go back to the party. "

"It's nothing serious. I just wanted to tell you to not go anywhere. I need you to be there when I make the announcement. It's important for our family."

"Of course dad, I'll be there."

My dad leaves and I look at Adriano's messages. He's here already it seems.

I try looking for him but my mom stops me.

"Dear, did you talk to your father. "

"Yes mom, I'm going now."

"Wait, it's just that this day is important for him . Please don't ruin it."

"Mom, the last thing I want is to ruin dad's important day . I don't even know what it's all about , but I'll be there."

"Good. Have a nice time."

My mom. We don't talk a lot because we always fight. She never listens to me . I used to tell her everything because she told me it was our little secret , but turns out she was a spy for my dad , I always wondered how my dad was always one step ahead of me.

I look at my phone and Adriano texted me to look at the bar. I look at the bar and there he is. He smiles before standing up and heading upstairs. I wait for a while before following him, at least there's a lot of people.

"Where are you going?"

I stop and look at Joshua.

"Joshua let go of me."

"I hope you're not following him."

"Ok first of all, your part didn't involve spying on us. "

"Yes, it did . I don't want unnecessary drama in my party."

"Don't worry, we'll be careful. Can you let me go now."

He looks hesitant at first but he finally lets me go.