chapter 10

Amara

"Amara you've been looking at your papers for almost an hour."

I look up at Linda and she's looking at me worriedly.

"Or maybe you're still high on sex ? "

She smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Oh please don't act clueless, you guys literally do it everyday. But from your face I don't think that's the reason. What's wrong Ley ?"

I look at her and I wonder if I should tell her or not.

"Fine , a few days ago when Adriano was sleeping, he got a message from a girl named Mishti. A rose emoji was next to her name."

"I'm confused, so you're angry because of a rose emoji?"

"I'm not angry , and what made me worried was the message she sent ."

"What did it say ?"

Everytime I think about that message my heart just breaks down and I don't know why.

"The message said are we still on for tonight with a heart emoji at the end. "

"They could be studying Ley."

"No , the same night I asked him where he was and he said he's playing video games, but I could here a girl giggling . And don't say the girl is from the game . Because he was even like shhh trying to keep her quite."

Linda is looking at me with a sad look , I know she's thinking what I'm thinking.

"Well , did you talk to him ?"

"I never confronted him because he always brings the 'we're not in a relationship ' topic. "

I don't blame him for playing that card because it was me who said I don't want any relationship.

"Wow , I think you should talk to him. I mean about the rules of your non-relationship relationship. Try to set some boundaries."

Linda leaves after a while and I think about what she said . Maybe she's right .

A knock on the door snaps me out of my thoughts and my brother walks in.

"Hey there."

"If you want the documents , I'm still working on them."

He smiles and sits down.

"Get up , we're going out to eat ."

I look at him surprised, but I stand up and take my blazer and we walk out.

"So we're we going Fratello .

I say jokingly and he shakes his head laughing.

...

We get to the small bakery near our company and we order our childhood favourite sfogliagatella .

Our orders arrive and I start digging into mine , but from the corner of my eye I can see Joshua looking at me.

"What is it ?"

"You don't think there's something you would like to tell me?"

I stop eating and look at him confused .

"I thought we were closer than this."

I'm still confused as fuck . Why is he talking in corners.

"I'm talking about your little boyfriend." Oh shit.

I look at him and he's smiling . Well at least he's not mad.

"Why are you not mad?"

"And who said I'm not ?"

"Ok , I'm sorry I didn't tell you . I just figured that-"

"That I'm going to be mad and go run to tell our parents, come on Amara. Look I'm sorry that I've made you feel like you can't tell me stuff anymore, I'm just worried about you if I act in a way that's against your wishes. I still think he's not good for though."

I laugh and shake my head while we continue to eat our breakfast. I knew my brother would find out some how. He always does. He makes jokes about me and Adriano and we laugh like idiots.

"Oh , now I know why you're so romantic, it's because in a week you would be engaged."

His smile drops and so does mine when I see his face expression.

"Joshua, you're obviously not happy so why are you doing this."

"The same reason why you would be marrying Roy."

I look at him and he smirks .

"What , you think enjoying your little time with your boy then everything is back to normal for you , no Amara . "

We eat in silence and I almost want to cry .