chapter 26

Amara

My body ached with need as I clawed on Adriano 's back and screamed with pleasure as he pressed deeper in me. And holds me tighter to the wall.

Never in my life would I have imagined to be having sex in the same house as my family. The worst part is we could get caught any time , but I hope not.

Adriano delivered a powerful thrust which sent me over the edge as I came all over him.

He continued thrusting in me a few times before he too climaxed inside me. We breathe heavily and I smile before kissing him. We get lost in our kiss and- boom . The door opens.

Shit shit shit.

"I'm so so sorry . I'll wait outside ."

Brenda leaves and Adriano puts me down quickly and we fix ourselves.

"Who is she . Do you think she's going to tell anyone?"

Adriano asks in a panicked voice and I shake my head.

"Relax , she's my brother's fiance , she won't tell anyone."

"Are you sure?"

I nod and kiss him before I go.

I open the door and look at Brenda who's still shocked.

"I-"

"You'll explain later , now it's time for your father's announcement. Let's go."

...

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen. I would like to thank you for supporting my son today . It's a beautiful new house we'd all say. Cheers to Joshua."

My dad says raising a toast and we all cheer with him . I look around and I see Adriano. He looks tense. He looks at me and I smile to let him know it's ok. But he just looks away. Ouch.

"Well, I would like to continue with why I came on stage in the first place. So , as you all know I've stated a few weeks ago about my daughter's upcoming engagement. "

Everyone cheers and I just stand there waiting for the worst. So this was the announcement. I should've known , but why would he do this on Joshua's day.

"Amara , Roy come to the stage please. "

Everyone is looking at me and I know I don't have a choice. I sigh walking to the stage and Roy gives me his hand . I look at him before taking it and we get on stage. Adriano, oh no.

"Me and the Lancaster's found the engagement date. The fifth of June . It's in four weeks . My beautiful daughter here always dreamt of a spring love. I'm happy to make it happen."

I smile and wave as I look for Adriano. I see him and he looks...happy. he looks like he's the one who's going to get engaged. What's wrong with him. I don't know why but his reaction is hurting me. When we got caught he was gloomy and now he's happy that I'm getting engaged.

I look away from him and I see Joshua . He looks sad, angered and I feel bad. I have to talk to him.

People party while I go to Joshua.

"Hi, are you ok?"

"Amara congratulations."

"Thanks."

"Amara, congrats ."

And now everyone is talking about me and Roy. Joshua shakes his head before leaving. I attend to people and I see Joshua entering a room.

After I'm done with all the thank yous. I go to find Joshua.

I enter the room , and it looks like it's his study.

"Joshua , are you ok."

I say and he's just looking away from me .

"Joshua please. I'm sorry I didn't know."

"I know Amara, it's not your fault. I'm not blaming you."

I walk to him and make him look at me. He looks like he wants to cry.

"What more does he want from me. I'm trying Amara, I'm never enough am I?"

"Joshua don't say that."

He shakes his head and goes to sit on his sofa . He opens a scotch and drinks it from the bottle.

"He wants an engagement. I give him. He wants my relationship to be perfect . I did . That's the whole point of this party , to make him proud. To make people see that our family is going well. But that's still not enough . I don't know what else he wants from me. I'll always be a disappointment."

"Hey hey, don't say that . It's not healthy. The last thing you are Joshua is a disappointment. You work too hard to be perfect for him. Maybe it's time you let go. "

"Let go? I don't want to be happy behind doors Amara. I'm sorry, but I don't want to be like you . I don't want to face severe consequences because I let go. To everyone we're the perfect family. And I want to keep it that way on my side , I don't know about you but I don't want to disappoint him anymore. But it hurts to know he doesn't care about me in the slightest. "

"Joshu-"

"No Amara, why on earth would he do this on my important day . You won't understand because you've always been the good child . Well obviously not anymore, but I - I . Can I be alone please."

I look at him and I hug him even though he doesn't do it back. I leave the room and get back to the party.

..................

" currently on holiday, therefore the fast updates....XOXO 💋."