chapter 33

Amara

Sometimes your heart needs to accept what your mind already knows. That's how I feel right now. Like I thought about this a few times, but my heart convinced me otherwise. I should've known the first time he did this , I should've told my heart , but you can never control your heart can you.

I've never been humiliated like that before . The way I just left there with no pride left. No face left. Why would he embarass me infront of a young girl like that.  Now it just feels like I'm the fool , like I was someone trying to steal his youth .

But , I have to let it go now. I know u have to.  That's why I'm here right now, in my office trying to work.

The door opens and my two miserable people walk in. Linda and Joshua come to hug me.

"Don't hug me like that , you're bringing back the pain."

"Are you ok?" Joshua asks and I nod pulling away.

"What happened? We already gave you space for a few days ."

"Well , let's just say I'm disgusted and disgraced . Turns out I was not the only . But what did I expect, the guy is in college."

"It still doesn't give him a reason to be a dick. How did you find out?"

"When I went to meet his parents, the next morning the bitch was literally cooking lunch. I didn't mind until she started talking about her experience with him . "

"So you're avoiding your almost to be ex boyfriend because of his past.?" Linda asks and I shake my head

"That's not the main reason. I overheard them talking about how they fucked about a few weeks ago . The week we're he took me out on a freakin date. Our first date and he was busy havi-"

I cover my mouth as I feel the tears running down. Linda hugs me again and I break down in her arms.

"It hurts because I'm not even angry , it's as if a part of me expected this to happen."

"I think it's better to cry than be angry : because anger hurts others, while tears flow silently through the soul and cleanse your heart."

I look at him and laugh. "I know that quote , but thanks." I say and he rolls his eyes .

"Are you going to break up with him?"

"Of course , I actually think it's a good thing this happened , now I can be with Roy with no guilts . I guess it was bound to happen."

"Do you love Roy , sister?"

"It doesn't matter how I feel, as long as the company gets what it wants right?"

"Are you sure you want to proceed with the engagement?" Joshua asks and I look away from him.

My phone rings and I hang up immediately. I already know who it is.

"Who was that?"

"Adriano, he doesn't seem to get the message that I don't want to talk to him. I'm gonna settle it when I'm done working in the evening."

I say softly and I like the way I feel. I feel light . I feel as if I'm not hurt , I am hurt but it feels right. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

"Do you want me to beat him black and blue?" Joshua snaps me out of my thoughts and I smile.

"No ,I think it would be better if I do it." I say and they all laugh . They leave but I stop Joshua and I look at my phone. I grab it and text Adriano. After I'm done I look at Joshua with smile.

"Your smile is giving me doubts." He says with a suspicious look as he sits down.

"I wanted to talk about Brenda."

He covers his face and groans in annoyance probably embarrassed. I laugh and wait for him to stop being dramatic.

"I thought you forgot about that."

"Oh fuck no. Why would I ? I just found out my brother is hitting it a-"

"Stop it! It just suddenly happened and I couldn't stop it because, I kind liked it ."

"So you guys are serious now.?"

"Yeah , I think so . She's a very nice person to be honest . I guess I should thank you for your advice even though I didn't act it out the way you meant it."

I smile at my brother . I'm actually happy to see that his relationship is actually turning out well. I guess there's a hope for me and Roy.

"The other day she was talking about babies ."

"Woah . Pause there big bro. Are you serious.?"

"Yeah , and I kind of like the thought of it , but the problem is..."

"Her background." I say completing his sentence and he nods .

"The thing is , I feel like the minute I marry her I would have to be perfect to her. And nobody is perfect."

"Don't worry , if Brenda loves you . You're going to survive."

"Yeah. " He says sighing softly and he looks at me.

"What?"

"I didn't want to ask with Linda here, but did Adriano do this before, you know been with other women ."

I nod and Joshua's facial expression turns to anger. I touch his hand and shake my head.

"He apologized and I got over it. There's no going back now Josh. But this time there really isn't going back. Don't worry. I'm not blinded by him anymore."

Tonight it ends . Me and him.