chapter 19

Adriano

I open my eyes slowly. Who the fuck is jumping on me ?

"Eduardo, are you crazy ?"

"Giggigi!" I look at him and he's laughing. I take him off me and he starts crying .

"Oh for God's sake! Mom come and take him . I'm trying to sleep."

He's crying even more and I pick him up. I go to the kitchen and I see my mom cooking with Cámille.

"Oh , you're awake."

"Yeah , not that I wanted to though."

I put Eduardo down and dad walks in . He doesn't look very happy. He looks confused.

"Dad are you ok?"

"Can we talk? All of you."

We look at each other before going into the living room.

"I can't waste time with this . Today I went to give Mr MacLaren his monthly payment. But he told me that Adriano paid him back a long time ago and you even gave him a Hellcat."

"WHAT! Are you serious?"

"Yes Adriano I am . He's very happy with his new car that he was praising you. I didn't believe him until he showed me his new car . The car that you told us you love."

"Dad , where would he get the money ?"
Cámille says and one name comes to my mind.

"I think I know who did this . But I promise I didn't know she was going to do this ."

"Oh my gosh . Amara , what on earth does she want now ?"

"Please don't tell me this is why you were with her?"

"What no dad. I would never do that. I don't know why she did this. "

"I think you should go talk to her, and thank her and leave . Because ain't no way I'm paying her back . It was her choice. Don't promise her you'll give her money back . "

My dad says and we all look at him . My dad is known for being the noble one in my family and now he's saying this

"Don't give me that look. She was the one who decided to do this , I'm not going to waste my money on a little girl . Adriano, go and talk to her . "

"I agreed with your father , go and talk to her . But , you immediately end everything with her , make it official. I don't want anymore rich people problems in my life . " My mom says and I nod.

"Ok , I'll talk to her, make our break up official and thank her."

"Sounds like a plan."

....

Amara

"Miss , you have a guest ." My new assistant, Clara says and I nod.

"Let her in ."

"Uh , it's a boy and he's insisting on seeing you."

"Just do as I told you , let him in."

"Yes ma'am."

The door opens and I can feel his gaze , his smell. My hairs start grazing each other, I don't know if I'm cold or hot. I look up and there he is, his brown eyes , his desk brown hair , the way he's so tall. He closes the door and walks towards me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Wow , what a way to say hi after weeks of seeing me . But I must admit , it hurts to see that he's doing ok , because it feels like I'm the only one who's still suffering.

"Hi to you too . What is it?"

"The nerve of you to ask me that. Why did you pay Mr MacLaren. Did you want me to owe you or what?"

I stand up and walk to him.

"Of course not. I wanted to do it for your birthday, as a surprise. Do you like it.?"

I say smile and I try to hold his cheek but he walks away from me. He sits on the sofa and looks at me.

"You've just proven your friends right, now I do actually feel like a fucking prostitute."

"About that , I really want to explain."

"No matter what you say , it won't change the fact that you were ashamed of me."

Were , past tense.

"I couldn't tell them the truth about how I feel. If I did , Jessica would've told my parents, and my parents are very heartless people Adriano . I did it to save you . If he ever were to find out about us , he would do something to you and your family. And I don't want that. "

"Why would he do something to me?"

"Because to him , I belong to Roy . Roy has had his hand in marriage for me ever since we were kids. His family is bind to mine for eternity. When we get married, our businesses are going to be one , which will be a very great success."

"Then why did you say that to your friends about me , us.?"

"Because to everyone, I love Roy and Roy loves me. We're like a couple , but that's not how I feel. At least not for Roy." I start walking towards him .

"I had to make sure they believe that I was in love with Roy , and now I'm sad and all that . But Adriano , I'm not . The minute you left that door , I never thought I would ever know what a heartbreak is , but you proved me wrong. I-"

He stands up and he stands in front of me , shadowing me .

"I missed you do bad. I tried contacting you but I'm sure you blocked me. I'm really sorry, very sorry Adriano. Please can we just give it a chance, please..."

He looks at me , why isn't he saying anything. He smirks and says...

"Kneel."

I do as I'm told and he starts unbuckling his jeans. I-I-

...