chapter 32

Amara

I open my eyes slowly when I feel the rays of sunlight hitting them. I stretch and look around around. I look for my purse and take out my phone. I look at the time and shoot. It's 12:33 pm. How long have I been asleep and the dishes. I see a note and I read it.

There's new toiletries in the drawer. ” 

I look in the drawer to find them and there's another note that says the bathroom is next door on the right. Shoot, now I have to walk out. I stand up and I immediately sit back down. Great , now I'm sore. I force myself to stand up and walk to the bathroom. I open the door slowly and look around and of course there's noise. Seeing that there's no one I quickly run to the bathroom.

After I'm done I look around again and run to the bedroom. I look on the bed to see that there's clothes. Probably Cámille 's. I wear them and walk out. Wish me luck. I reach downstairs and I only see the kids playing with their father. Càmille is taking photos it seems.

"Did you sleep well ?" I turn around to see Alexandria standing with her arms crossed . This is so embarassing.

"Alexandria, I'm so so sorry . I really wanted t-"

"Girl , that's enough. As long as you were comfortable."

She smiles and I sigh and smile too.

"Plus Mishti is helping me with the chores. " My smile drops . And I mean drops.

"Are you ok?" I nod and look around. Where's Adriano?

"I'm just looking for Adriano."

"Oh , he's talking to Mishti ."

"Ok but why would she come to help with chores?"

"She always does, do you know her? She is very helpful and a kind person. "

I fake smile and nod. "Yeah , I've heard of her. How much is always?"

"Everyday , but only when she's free . Most of the time she is." She says smiling and I feel a pang of jealousy.

"Wow , you seem to like her." I say looking down.

"Hey girl, Mishti is a family friend. There's no need to be worried." She says with a reassuring look before going to her husband. I walk to the kitchen and I see a girl , an Indian girl it seems. A baddie one though. Even her body is absolutely baddie.

She looks at me up and down and turns doing whatever she was doing.

"I'm guessing you're Mishti?"

"No hi ? Yeah I am.  And you're the girl .?"

"Yeah I am."

I look at her and it seems like she's making breakfast

"What are you doing?"

"I'm making breakfast for everyone. Don't worry I counted you ."

I look at her when I realise she's challenging me. But in this round she won because I can't cook.

"Did you also count yourself.?" I ask walking to the fridge and looking for a fruit. I find a peach and take it.

"Oh darling, I'm always counted. Even when they bye grocery they call me to ask for what I would like for dinner."

She gives me a sassy look and I wash my peach.

"You were out for way too long. Is his bed that comfortable.?"

"Excuse you?"

Why on earth would she ask me where I slept.

"What , you should look at yourself . You have hickies everywhere."

I look at her and take a knife to cut my peach.

"I guess I was comfortable."

I say trying to bug her and she chuckles.

"I don't know why you're acting like you're the first one. "

Huh! Too far bitch ! Too far.

"Do you have a problem? "

No because really though. What's her fucking problem.

"Why would I . I know his room inside-out. I'm even tired of it  for me that room is just filled with my remains. I could tell you each and every corner, where he likes to keep his soccer clothes, his everything. I could go on , but I don't have the time
I have to make lunch. If you're not going to help please give me space. "

I walk out slowly. I feel hurt and I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. I see Cámille approaching me and I wipe my eyes.

"What did she say to you?" Càmille asks and I shake my head.

"Amara , don't mind her . She's just still stuck up in my brother , but it's only one sided."

I nod walking away. I sit on the couch where Gavira is , looks like he's up , but no one knows. I can see him starting to cry and I pick him up. I stand up with him and I look at him . He's so cute. I start playing with him and laughing.

"I didn't know you can handle kids. " I turn to see Adriano looking at us. Looking at him reminds me of my conversation with Mishti. I go back to playing with Gavi.

"Are you ok?" I nod and go far away from him.

.....

Adriano

What's up with her. I look at her retreading back.

"She had a moment with Mishti." A voice says and I turn to see Cámille.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about how your little fling has said something to her. And knowing Mishti , it's probably some fucked up stuff."

"Fuck!" I curse and go to find Mishti.

"Mishti , what did you say to Amara?"

"Nothing, just the truth. "

Mishti says like she doesn't care, and knowing her she doesn't.

"I'm serious Mishti."

"Oh please , why are acting like a good person now. After lying to me cowardly, huh? You didn't even tell me about her , but you still continued to fuck me. Does she know that you had us at the same time even after she found out about me and you apologised , but you still came back . I could remind you that it wasn't even a month ago."

"But it's over Mishti and for me it was a long time ago and  I thought Romeo told you."

"Why would Romeo do it ? Who's doing the fucking, you or Romeo? Don't you get , you'll never change for anyone Adriano . But nevermind that , your girl thinks way too highly of herself . Now , taste this ."

Mishti tries to feed me her food but I just turn around and I see Amara standing there, broken. She runs away and I follow her. She reaches my room and takes her purse before walking out.

"Amara please ! Listen to me , let me explain." I say holding her wrist.

"Let go of me." She says breaking down even more. She continues to run down and I keep shouting telling her to stop. And now everyone is just looking at us.

"Thank you for h-having me ." She says to my parents and walks away . I try to follow her but she stops me.

"Don't, please just don't!" I feel the tears in my eyes threatening to come out , but they already are .

"Shit!" I curse rubbing my face with my hands and sitting on the couch. I've never seen her so messed up, so fucked up . I don't even want to look at everyone.

I feel a hand rubbing my bag and I stand up going to my room. I can't believe I messed up . What was I thinking.

....