Twenty-Four

Sitting in her room during these times wasn't the best for Rosemary. All she could do was watch the same gray-and-white show and eat the same boring ole soup that her mother was sure would get her better but it didn't. It didn't even cheer Rosemary up. All she did was think about what went on the last few weeks and think about how she was going to get out of the mess.

She was happy that she at least had another chance with her mother. But Rosemary knew that her mother was putting this to the side because of the press and everyone asking questions concerning Rosemary's accident but Rosemary liked to pretend that her mother still cared about her.

At least Rosemary had her father, Jenson, her brother, and Taylor. Rosemary was happy to have the others but she was always filled with thrill when she realized that Taylor was on her side. It was nice having her on her side even if they had to sneak and meet up from time to time. It was kind of fun sneaking around for the both of them.

Speaking of Taylor, she had problems of her own to deal with. As far as her mother and her family that she just found out that she had. Taylor wanted to tell Rosemary about her problems but she didn't tell her because she knew that Rosemary was going through so much more and she didn't feel as if it was important enough to tell. So, that's where Taylor was. Sitting in her problems.

          "Listen, Taylor, I wanted to tell you about this but your father told me not-"

          "Don't blame this on my father. You're your own woman, you have your own voice. I have to wait over 17 years to find out about your affair? Why am I just finding out that you have 4 other kids? I have 4 siblings that I know nothing about."

          Her mother ran her fingers through her own hair, "I didn't tell you I had an affair because you were the baby of the affair, Mija."

Taylor's mouth opened slightly. She looked over at her father, where he stood with visible tears in his eyes. He buried his face into his hands and Taylor shook her head before looking back over at her mother. She saw no smiles and heard no laughter. Her mother wasn't joking and that made Taylor's heart sink even more. She hesitated before stumbled back and feeling her back press against the wall.

Her mother got up and reached out to take Taylor's hands into hers but Taylor looked at her in disgust and shook her head before raising her own hand up and wiping away her tears. She then looked back over at her dad to see he was finally looking in her direction this time. He mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' and all Taylor could do was stare at him. No emotions were visible on her face, just a blank stare.

         "What's their names?" Taylor asked,

         "What?" Her mother asked,

"Your kids. What are their names?"

Her mother sighed before putting her hand down. She then stuffed her hand into her pocket and took out her phone as she pulled up a picture. The picture didn't make it any better for Taylor because seeing their smiles and how happy they were didn't feel right to her. Not when she never received that feeling from her own mother.

The picture showed a 6 people. One tall blonde haired boy that looked around Taylor's age. He was standing on the left with his arm around Taylor's mother. On the side of them was an older man that looked just like the blonde haired boy. Standing all together in front of them were 3 younger kids. Two brunette boys that were identical and a younger girl with long blonde hair as they stood together on the beach.

Her mother pointed towards the tall blonde haired boy and she smiled with her tears still falling down her face. Taylor chewed on the inside of her cheek and rolled her eyes — shaking her head.