Four

The next morning when Rosemary got to her first period class, she expected to sit in her everyday seat, she expected to continue the work she had started yesterday but today was different. And Rosemary didn't like that at all.

When she walked into the class she saw that the chairs and desks were all sorted out differently. They were just in pairs of two and half of the classroom was divided into sides. Rosemary's eyes widened before turning over to the teacher and walking over to his desk.

"Good morning, Mr. Lockmen, I want to know what's the sudden change. I mean, you only move seats when we are doing a project and you already gave out a project the first week of school." Rosemary said,

"And I'm giving out another one. But it's not in groups, so you don't have to worry about getting stuck with doing all the work like last time and you only have one partner. If you let me explain the rules, I can assure you that you won't be disappointed." He said,

"I'm never disappointed in your work, Mr. Lockmen," Rosemary said, smiling.

As Rosemary turned around, she saw the 2 jocks attached with the 2 head cheerleaders at their sides. They walked in and looked around at the seats before they continued their way to the back row seats.

From where she stood, Rosemary could see Taylor sitting next to Crimson and the next row over sat, the cheerleader's co-captain and Erin. She cleared her throat before walking over to the front row on the left side and taking out her books.

By the time everyone filled the class, Rosemary was ready and prepared for the lesson today. She looked up, and over at the front part of the room, looking for the teacher but she didn't see him. She frowned as she turned around and looked around the room, seeing he was talking with Crimson and Erin.

She didn't look for long because she couldn't afford to meet eyes with anyone over there. She had done her fair share of staring already and being called out by Taylor yesterday really did numbers on her.

"Alright guys, as you all may know, the marking period is ending and we only have 2 weeks until then. We're going to start a project but it's going to be for marking period 2. This means you have all the time in the world to do it and if you say you can't...I'll fail you on the spot. My classroom won't accept those words." Mr. Lockmen said,

Everyone in the classroom groaned. That was everyone besides Rosemary. She figured the faster she did the work, the faster she would have to get a break from school and she needed that badly. Especially since that meant that midterms were coming soon.

Most people looked over at Rosemary, glaring at her. She knew it was because she was different from them but she honestly didn't care. As long as she didn't have any trouble or complications entering her life, she was more than okay with their glaring.

"Today we're going to be working on kindness," Mr. Lockmen said, walking over to his desk and leaning against it, "I've been hearing awful things going around and nothing but filth leaving you guys' mouths. So I talked to the principal and I convinced her to let me do this project."

Rosemary raised her eyebrow. She knew she wanted to learn – just to get it over with but she also knew that she didn't want to deal with anything like this. The last time she had to do a kindness project for the month of kindness, she suffered pretty badly. And that was just in 5th grade.

"Mr. Mccarty. Tell me something you like about Ms. Quinn." Mr. Lockmen said,

Everyone's eyes shot over to the back, looking at the pair. Rosemary, however, looked down at her book, trying to find something to do with her time.