Nineteen

Homecoming was just a few days away, by few days that meant Saturday night. And if Rosemary was being completely honest, she was not even planning to go. She'd much rather be cozied up in her own bed, enjoying the comfort and familiarity of her own home. Besides, she didn't have anything to wear and she wasn't allowed to talk to Jenson so she couldn't even ask him if he wanted to hang out.

She did know that her parents weren't going to be in town that weekend because of some family event they had going on Georgia. Ricky and Rosemary were supposed to attend but their mother didn't like the idea of them missing school that Friday so she left Ricky in charge.

Of course Rosemary could have fought against that but there wasn't going to be a great outcome for her. She knew that because with her mother and Ricky, she'd always lose. Her mother trusted and believed Ricky more and no matter how many times he had broke her trust, she still saw him as an angel. Or at least that's how Rosemary saw it.

With the thought heavy in her mind, Rosemary shook her head as she raised her hands to close the stained, drained out of the blue color it once was before, locker she stood in front of. She heard the bell ring and she looked up at the bell before parting her lips and allowing air to leave through momentarily.

Rosemary then looked down the hall to see all the kids making their ways through the hallway and without a minute staring, she spotted Jenson. He was smiling and he looked very happy. Rosemary turned away and looked back at her locker as she smiled softly. She loved that her best friend was happy. She'd never seen him that happy. It was almost as if she was draining him.

That thought just didn't sit well with Rosemary, neither in her head nor in her heart. It's felt like some inner conflict. She cleared her throat, gathered all her belongings, and made a bold move. She decided to take a different route and walk in the opposite direction to get to her last class. She couldn't handle running into Jenson and having to force some awkward conversation to come out.

As she reached the hallway where her class was, she looked up and located the classroom before she felt her hand being tugged at. In those few seconds she saw most of the hallway as she spun around and brought to see Taylor. Rosemary couldn't help but to allow her eyes to expand in size as her heart nearly jumped out of her chest. To say she was caught by surprise would be an understatement.

"Hey Rosie, I have to ask you something."

Rosemary looked down at their hands that were still in each others before she looked around the hallway to see there was still people there. She clenched her eyes shut before clearing her throat and moving her hand out of Taylor's.

Taylor noticed immediately. She looked around before looking back at Rosemary and tilting her head just a bit as she chewed on her bottom lip. She only studied Rosemary for a bit before sighing and looking down and bringing her own hands to join together.

"Uh...what do you need to ask?"

"I was going to ask if you wanted to come along with Jenson, Emily, and I to homecoming. We're going all together and I even know the perfect tie you could wear, it goes with my dress." Taylor said, still holding her head low.

Rosemary scratched the back of her head before shaking her head and opening her mouth to deny. That was until she saw Crimson walking down the hallway. He was smiling with his teammates and it made Rosemary sick.

"My mom said I couldn't be friends or speak to Jenson." Rosemary said, causing Taylor to frown and still hold her head down. "But my mom's going to be out of town and I really need to talk to Jenson anyway."

Taylor's face lit up as she looked up at Rosemary. She then held the biggest smiling in her face before she hung her lips low. She knew what she was getting herself into when she asked Rosemary that. Taylor herself expected Rosemary to go against it, she just still wanted to ask just in case and good thing that she did.